Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebony wont stop eating...... my clothes!

2 posters

Go down

Ebony wont stop eating...... my clothes! Empty Ebony wont stop eating...... my clothes!

Post by Iluvbunnys! Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:11 pm

I have a rabbit called Ebony and a few days ago , I found that he loves to eat ........ things . He ate a bit of a plastic zip and the collar of my cotton top , will this harm him and how can I prevent this from happening again ?
I wrote what the things he ate were made of in case they're somehow poisonous to him ? pale

Iluvbunnys!
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Ebony wont stop eating...... my clothes! Empty Re: Ebony wont stop eating...... my clothes!

Post by NickieM Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:02 pm

You need to be very aware that bunnies have a love of eating things and will sometimes nibble things out of curiosity or boredom. This can harm them and it also can lead to a lot of damaged property. They especially love cables and wires as they treat them like hay or twigs and just bite straight through. This can be very dangerous if it is a live wire and expensive for you to have to replace cables and mobile phone chargers.

You need to do a risk assessment when you are with your bunny. Before you let bunny go somewhere new, check the place over for wires, loose material that they can shred and eat and just keep an eye on them so you can stop any nibbling quickly.

Keep an eye on your bunny's poop production and if you think that things have slowed down at all, you might need to visit your vet just to check that things are OK.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down