Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done

+9
Josie
Jay
Velvet.Tears
NickieM
JoeyBunsMum
emma.b_90
Thumper2001
KatieB
icedancer
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done - Page 2 Empty Re: Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done

Post by Josie Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:08 pm

Aw so glad Florence got through it all ok Very Happy

Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done - Page 2 Empty Re: Spay Vibes Please - U/D vet check up done

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Glad to hear that all is well with Florence Thumbs Up
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 pm

She won't stop washing! This is worse than her not eating as I can't tell if she's eating her stitches! She stopped, ate a bit of parsley and started again.

I'm stressed!

Thanks guys for all the thoughts, it means a lot
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm going to risk going to bed, she's eaten parsley, basil, a bit of cucumber (she hadn't drunk anything so thought the water would do her good) and is munching on the hay. I don't think she's ever eaten that much hay, I've had to give her more. It was a tight thought between the risk of her laying on it or not eating anything else (she doesn't eat it from a hay rack) so I went for making her eat.

Fingers crossed she'll be ok for the night, I just can't stay awake any longer.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm sure she will be fine x

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:10 am

She had an ok night, better than me anyway!! I got up at about 1am to check on her and I was given a "what do you want" look! I handed her some cucumber in the night and she ate it, and has had some herbs and hay this morning. Pellets haven't been touched, and I have to put food right in front for her to be interested. But she's still weeing, not sure about pooing to be honest, but she is nibbling still and playing with toys.

What can I do to clean her eyes? They are still sticky and gooey from the GA.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:11 am

And when should I offer her the Metacam? Will it be this afternoon/evening as I imagine she was given it before she came home?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Some damp cotton wool is good for cleaning buns eyes after a GA. Joey had the same problem after his neuter, and I found out it's a special 'glue' they put on the eyes to protect them.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Oh sorry I didn't send Florence any Spay Vibes must have missed this, Embarassed
Sending her 'healing' Vibes xxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:14 pm

I would give her some metacam this evening hun - before if she looks like she is in pain or is uncomfortable. She should take it quite easily as its quite tasty for buns.

How is she doing this afternoon?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Not too bad. I went out for a couple of hours and she looked happy to see me. She still isn't eating that much, but is nibbling on hay/grass/herbs. She's done a few sticky poos this afternoon, but she isn't drinking anything so isn't getting her Pro-C. I think I might sprinkle a bit on some grass in a little while.

I just gave her the Metacam, that was fun! She kept grabbing the syringe and chucking it on the floor, then went and sat facing the corner so I couldn't get to her! I think I managed to get it all in her though, but now she isn't talking to me No

She doesn't appear to be in any pain thankfully, but goodness does her wee stink! I'm not used to it just being in a puddle on newspaper. Roll on when she can have the litter back! I'm risking it a bit having hay on the floor in there, but she doesn't eat from a hay rack and its the main thing she's eating at the moment.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Oh sorry I didn't send Florence any Spay Vibes must have missed this, Embarassed
Sending her 'healing' Vibes xxxxxxxxx

Aww don't worry, you had a rubbish day yesterday.

Florence says thank you for the healing vibes
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:21 pm

She just done a happy flop over on to her side/back to show me her scar. I am the most squeshmish person ever and I didn't want to see it Embarassed It really freaked me out Embarassed Embarassed

I've decided that I'm a rubbish nurse
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Just back from her first check up at the vet, she's doing well! Vet was happy with how her wound looked, and her gut sounded good.

I also got vet to give her todays medicine as she wouldn't let me earlier. Vets response was "oh she doesn't like that does she"!!

But the bad part is, she isn't allowed out to play for another week - until she has her 10 day check up. I can't believe I have to wait another week before a play time with my little girl Crying or Very sad She's already begging to come out so she's going to be so annoyed by next week
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Glad she is healing well, I know it's not great that they have to stay in but it is best while they heal

Topping up the Vibes for Florence xxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Good to hear that she is recovering well, it wont be long until the week is over and all is back to normal. Very Happy x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:31 am

Awww today I had a massive good morning greeting from Florence, who was very excited to see me and begged for breakfast.

I think I can stop worrying now and just hope the next week goes really fast so I can get her out for her playtime again. I'm going to miss it as much as her Embarassed
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 am

oh sorry i haven't been around for all of this, glad she is doing well! and don't worry too much about her washing, when i took buttons to get his stitches removed, they were like "oh, he's removed all but 1 himself anyway!!" Laughing

Hope she carries on healing ok. Hugs
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2