Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny advice in general

+2
Velvet.Tears
4390evans
6 posters

Go down

Bunny advice in general Empty Bunny advice in general

Post by 4390evans Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Ive been out and about today sexing a few bunnys, as you know Ive got a fb group and alot know how much im into bunnies, so contact me on various things, most of which Ive asked myself on here.

What shocks me is how many ppl dont know the first thing about bunnies, I went and sexed a rabbit who was called rebecca, they had had it for a year, turned out to be a boy lol he was a fluffy lop in sawdust the cage wasnt the biggest but was decent for its size. I pass the advice on Ive been given on here just hoping that some people may listen.

All the buns are indoor buns and are well groomed, but what most said was they dont let them out as once they are out they cant get them back in Hmmm . Im just not sure what people expect?? If anyone was enclosed 24 hours a day in a small place they would be legging it if they knew they were gonna be locked up again till the owner could be bothered to pay it some attention Crying or Very sad
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Bunny advice in general Empty Re: Bunny advice in general

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Could you advise them to attach a run to their indoor homes? When I bond mine they will not be housed in cages but I will have a massive run roughly about 10ft x 6ft
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:18 am

Dog crate...good space wise, you can add extra levels if you need to and attatch a pen to the front of it. It's what I have because I work long hours so buns can't free range!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:00 am

As above, but I'd also add that rabbits can be trained to recall. This would be my preferred option, as they can then have the exercise and freedom, without the hassle.

I'd get them clicker rained in the house, then give them restricted access to an outside space, and train until they recall.

There's a great article on clicker training that Anne wrote here http://www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk/fun/how-to-clicker-train-your-rabbit
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:09 am

they could buy a large playpen possibly or build something that they can corden off a good area. or simply put their favourite treat in the cage after they have had a good excersize or just sit and wait for them to come to them. Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:47 am

yeah most had runs but not all, I tried to give them as much advice as possible but I only know so much, I do pass this site on for info but its up to them realy if they come on. Most didnt even have hay in. Ive recomended the bales I sell as it would last them longer than the little bags they can buy outa the shops and its fresher and If they need any info they can contact me any time and I can ask on here if I dunno.

4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm not sure how people cannot tell if there bun is male or female. Boo had a set huge of huge plums that you could not miss, isn't this a giveaway? If neutered, that's a different story, but don't people look on the net for clues? Don't people research their pet of choice sop they can care for it properly? If i was going to keep chinchillas for example, I'd do research so I could give them the best life I could. I don't get it? Why have a pet if you are going to shut it in a cage all it's life????????
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down