Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do some buns eat slower as they reach adulthood?

2 posters

Go down

Do some buns eat slower as they reach adulthood? Empty Do some buns eat slower as they reach adulthood?

Post by Babybunnies4 Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 pm

As in title, Dumpling always used to finish her meal first when they were little but now Treacle finishes first and then tries to nick Dumplings food Hmmm Seems strange its swopped over, I'm going to weigh her tonight just to make sure she isn't loosing weight. She is as excited as ever to have her food and will nick anything she can from me, anyone else notice this happen?
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Do some buns eat slower as they reach adulthood? Empty Re: Do some buns eat slower as they reach adulthood?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:05 pm

I cant say I have noticed anyBun here eating more slowy as they become an adult. It does happen when a Bun has Dental problems, even in the very early stages. So if you are actually noticing her eat a lot more slowly I'd get your Vet to check her teeth

Smile

Back to top Go down

Do some buns eat slower as they reach adulthood? Empty Re: Do some buns eat slower as they reach adulthood?

Post by Babybunnies4 Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:08 pm

I was thinking teeth Hmmm hopefully its just me not measuring it out equally, will weigh her and see how we go, any worse and she will be straight to the vets.
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I agree with Jane, usually when this happens it's a sign of dental issues and invariably it will lead to one bunny loosing weight and the other gaining.

Even in my pair who BOTH have dental issues I have one chunky bun and one thin bun. It makes co-ordinating rations very difficult indeed.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:22 pm

Weighed her last night and she hasn't lost any, very carefully measured out their food last night and this morning and they were both finished at just about the same time, maybe me panicing a little early Embarassed
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Bunnies should come with a warning that their hoomans will no doubt develope a significantly reduced panic threshold !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down