Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cleaning products

+2
Jay
dizzylynn
6 posters

Go down

cleaning products Empty cleaning products

Post by dizzylynn Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:14 pm

What do you all use to clean your buns houses, I was using the bunny cage cleaner, but I found that areas that were hard to get into started to grow small amounts of mould, lucky charlie cant get into these bits but I moved to my rep cleaning stuff, double checked its benifits and found its perfect, it kills mould/fungus/all bacteria, its vet grade used in vets. It is a bit pricey but when you think how much you go through £5 bottle of the bunny cage cleaner lasts a few weeks if you have a large area to cover, I recommend this, it will last a year for the over all cost about £15 for one of the bottles can make easy 10 X the amount you get in the £5 bottles so over all highly cost effective.
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=6457&ProductGroupID=2716
I found out about it via a friend but was only using it to clean out the reps as there more sensitive to cleaning products, but when I looked further into it its perfect for them all, why buy diff products when this does them too, and kills the stuff the cleaner cant. I am next to buy it, we take turns buying the bottle, sharing it between the 3 of us. So be my turn next.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

cleaning products Empty Re: cleaning products

Post by Jay Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 pm

I use white (clear) vinegar, diluted 50/50 with water. It's a very effective cleaner and deoderisor. I have it in a spray bottle. If there's been a wee accident, or a particularly difficult spot, I use it neat.

It's anti fungal, anti bacterial and very acidic, which makes it perfect! Personally, I don't use chemicals in the home, not even bleach, I use vinegar for everything! I wouldn't use chemicals like cleaning agents on anything Stewie uses, esp his hutch.

Have a look through these Smile http://odyb.net/food-cooking/62-little-known-uses-of-vinegar
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Vinigar makes me sick, dont know why the smell just goes for me, hubby has to stay clear of me when he uses it in his chips, I tried to make up cleaner with it and it just made me ill and dizzy. Call me odd lol, thats why friend said this, bleach burns my hands even if use it diluted right down, I break out in bad rashes no matter what I use, but cos had the reps had to use the rep cleaner, it was costing a bleeding fortune, same with teh bunny cleaner, so friend gave me some made up of the F10, no rash Smile or smell, lasts ages too. My other friend had half a bottle left, he isnt going through it fast enough for the use by date so gave me half in a sterile bottle. Saves me a fortune till its time to buy the bottle and return the favour with Fiona.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Jay wrote:I use white (clear) vinegar, diluted 50/50 with water. It's a very effective cleaner and deoderisor. I have it in a spray bottle. If there's been a wee accident, or a particularly difficult spot, I use it neat.
me too
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Wow, according to that link vinegar is the answer to everything! I can see the sense in so many examples- though i won't be putting it on sunburn any time soon! 
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Felix&Willow wrote: though i won't be putting it on sunburn any time soon! 

Ouch! Laughing

Sometimes I use vinegar, other times I just use plain water, which gets rid of most of my buns' mess (they haven't weed anywhere except the litter box for years).
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 pm

We also use white vinegar. It used to make me feel really ill too but now I seem ok with it.
We have a book called '1001 uses for vinegar' Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down