Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunnies 3: Katie 0

+16
fall3n-ang3l
emma.b_90
Sixer
Jay
JoeyBunsMum
Tuckerbunnies
lizzi_b
woodwench
Amelia66
Dotdot
NSD
Kate7590
Sparky
icedancer
Thumper2001
KatieB
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bunnies 3: Katie 0 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bunnies 3: Katie 0

Post by fiver Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 am

ROFL ROFL ROFL
you could make a film called buns on the run i bet whoopie would dress for the part Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Katieb wrote:I think what amuses me most about their escapade today is that the second time annie made a run for it she took a packed lunch with her....she wasnt going to fall for the "lure of food trick" a second time - she was taking her own!!! Laughing

Packed lunch ROFL Maybe make her a flask up nest time Wink

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

lizzi_b wrote:I think there should be just about enough room on that norty step for them both!! Laughing

Yes I can do a double norty step for norty bonded buns Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 am

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
I wish there would have been a video! There is a contest type program here called America's Funniest Videos that would adore something like this. And who wouldn't vote for such precious bunnies!

Definite Norty Step contenders.

I wonder if Sparky has set up some sort of course to teach Nortiness? Could her new vids on YouTube have messages that our human ears cannot hear? Shocked Looking at you Sparky!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 am

I think that Daisy sounds more like Hitchcock. 'Cue Annabelle with carrot ..... now!'

You can get orange bunnysuits and leg irons on Ebay! Laughing

Couple of dobermans and a searchlight might be a good idea too.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm

What you need now katie is a play pen surrounding the door area so when they do scurry past you, they can't go to far Thumbs Up Thats what I do with my rex trio. They think they have one over me, but they don't Wink
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:38 am

Vince the bunny wrote:What you need now katie is a play pen surrounding the door area so when they do scurry past you, they can't go to far Thumbs Up Thats what I do with my rex trio. They think they have one over me, but they don't Wink

Now that is a good plan - I can see you are a girl not to be outwitted more than once!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Good luck with the play pen! I suspect the dynamic duo may not be deterred!

I used a couple of run panels to pen in Gabriel's door whilst cleaning out. It didn't take him long to realise he could lift and move the panels to escape. I now use two separate lots of run panels to give him a larger area of freedom but it took several escapes on his part for me to perfect preventative measures using strategically placed bricks and pieces of wood to stop him from lifting these.

Of course both he and I know that he can simply escape by jumping onto the roof of the run and then down into the garden. He doesn't do this every day Rolling Eyes, digging up the gravel behind the rabbit store generally occupies him, or maybe he just likes to lull me into a false sense of security.

On break out days he waits until I am walking up the garden to get fresh hay before escaping by this route. There is then a battle of wits to get him back into the playhouse. It is all a big game to Gabriel. Rolling Eyes

Noo, bless her, has never ever contemplated escaping.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Vanessa that has made me pee myself laughing. He is a LEGEND!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:30 pm

I love Gabriel Very Happy Love

Our Rosie is the escape master. When she was indoors in a two-foot high NIC Cube cage, the Hu-parents would come downstairs to find her sitting proudly in the middle of the living room. They made the cage higher and she managed to get through the door. It ended up with a heavy-duty padlock on it as she managed to open any other fastening they tried. By this time they were so paranoid they wouldn't even leave the key in the lock Laughing

When she moved outside, they ended up re-arranging all the outside space so that if she did escape she would not end up in with the other buns. Until the day the wind blew part of the fence down Rolling Eyes
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Sparky wrote:I love Gabriel Very Happy Love

Our Rosie is the escape master. When she was indoors in a two-foot high NIC Cube cage, the Hu-parents would come downstairs to find her sitting proudly in the middle of the living room. They made the cage higher and she managed to get through the door. It ended up with a heavy-duty padlock on it as she managed to open any other fastening they tried. By this time they were so paranoid they wouldn't even leave the key in the lock Laughing

When she moved outside, they ended up re-arranging all the outside space so that if she did escape she would not end up in with the other buns. Until the day the wind blew part of the fence down Rolling Eyes

Tell us more!!!!

I used to have a hamster I had to lock up because he always got out. Then he managed to still escape through the tinest gap on the open door. But he was then too scared to move so used to just sit there outside his cage looking pathetic until you let him back in No How he never hurt himself I will never know!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:34 pm

I love naughty bunnies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:14 pm

icedancer wrote:Tell us more!!!!
Humum came home from work, put the kettle on, looked out of the kitchen window, saw that the plastic fence was laying over at 45 degrees and completely failing to be a fence any more, and went back out of the kitchen door like a whirling dervish.

When she went into the main pen, she found fur had flown. Quite a lot of it.

Dougal was in our pen, and I was in the chalet with Molly but we both looked completely fine.

There was not another bun to be seen. Except Rosie. Sitting in the middle of the other bunnies pen. Looking smug.

She let Humum pick her straight up and give her a good look over, all the while telling her 'There's not a mark on me, Humum, but you should see the state of the others' only to find herself being plonked into the house until she could be more closely examined. Humum shooed Dougal out of our pen, set the fence back up, then set about catching and checking nine very skitty rabbits Laughing

It was a while before she got her after-work cup of tea that day No

PS - there was never any evidence of who had been involved in the scuffle. No injuries, no obvious bald spots, and when most of the buns are the same colour that fur could belong to any of them Hmmm
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:36 pm

ROFL ROFL Rosie is fantastic!! We need more Rosie stories, she fits right in her Very Happy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Rosie Laughing Laughing Laughing

We have a Rosie too, but she is not in the same league as your's!!!!!

Gabriel, by the way, wasted no time this morning in jumping onto the run and then into the garden. Spring must be in the air. We did a couple of laps around the outside of the house with me in pursuit but him having the edge as he is obviously a lot quicker and more nimble than me.

We then played hide and seek under the cars on the drive Rolling Eyes With four vehicles currently on the drive you can imagine the scope that Gabriel had to try them all out for getting out of reach Rolling Eyes

He then binkied down the side of the house straight back into his playhouse.

I so wish that Gabriel had the opportunity to free range. Unfortunately the size of the garden and therefore the work that would need doing to make it safe is not an option. Despite toys etc I suspect that he is frustrated by his limitations. He is such a smart bunster and just wants to 'be doing' all the time.

We do have plans to increase his outside area once winter is over. Hopefully this will occupy him more.

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Sixer wrote:He then binkied down the side of the house straight back into his playhouse.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rosie does that too, when she has decided there's been enough nortiness for now. Binky, binky, binky, straight back to where you wanted her in the first place Rolling Eyes
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:06 pm

ha ha ha ha ha ha - Thats the Gabriel we know and love x x x
KatieB
KatieB