Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those with indoor and outdoor buns

+2
icedancer
molly35
6 posters

Go down

Those with indoor and outdoor buns Empty Those with indoor and outdoor buns

Post by molly35 Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:34 am

For those with indoor and outdoor buns how did you choose who lives where? Do you ever feel like 1 set of buns is better off than the other for example my buns freerange in a largish garden and I see how much they love it, would an indoor bun be missing out, or be better off cause they have more attention?

molly35
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-03-21

http://www.hopperholidays.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Those with indoor and outdoor buns Empty Re: Those with indoor and outdoor buns

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 am

The lady who done my home check has downstairs house bunnies, upstairs house bunny, and two trios outside. She said that some bunnies just are no good inside, she had one of the trios inside but they were too descructive so they were moved outdoors and are much happier. I don't know how true it is that some are better one way or another, but that was her view.

One of the bunnies who I saw as Florences potential suitor was very nippy and chewy, so I'm not convinced he'd have been much fun as an indoor bunny, but then he might have been like that because he was bored.

I know I'd feel bad, on days like today when there is snow on the ground, if I had a couple of outdoor bunnies out in it, and some indoors enjoying the warm carpet. And also vice versa, on a nice spring day when the indoors were shut inside and the outdoors were playing in the sun. But I suppose if they know no difference and are happy, then they can't argue!

I don't have any choice about putting mine outside, when I got Florence hubby said if we were getting her she had to live indoors as he doesn't agree with having animals outside in the cold and dark. And hey who was I to argue!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:39 am

All of us were intended to be outdoor buns. I got brought in when I was poorly, then Mummy when she had a bad tummy, then Daddy to keep Mummy company... and it's too cold now for us to go back out until spring.

There are still eight outside, and they are all fine. They still spend some time out of their houses, they mind the cold less than they do if it is raining. They all have roomy accommodation and at least one other bun to snuggle up to (or bicker with Rolling Eyes )

I love being indoors, although I do like a run round in the drive if the weather is warm enough. But Mummy and Daddy are not so keen and can't wait to get back out. Rosie was indoors when she first came to live with us and she loved it, but she is so destructive that they couldn't move her outside fast enough Laughing - in her case it certainly wasn't boredom - she had bunny company, loads of toys and loads of attention from the Hu-parents. It's just that she much preferred doing all the things she wasn't supposed to No

Humum doesn't worry too much about the outdoor buns even in this weather. She knows they have dry, draught-free houses fully of snuggly hay. Plus when she picks one of them up she can tell just how thick their coats are - her hands all but disappear under fur. When she looks at pictures of them taken in the summer, they all look lean racing rabbits. Now they just look like round fluffballs. She has increased their food for winter, but it's definitely not all fat under there.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:42 am

My daisy loves being an inside bunny - but then perhaps thats because he always has been. He won't set foot in the garden if it is anything less than perfect weather and even then will only go out if the mood takes him.

I have recently adopted two outdoor buns and cant imagine having them in the house as they seem happy with their outdoor life, and to me its a far more natural life for them to have.

I couldnt honestly say which of them was the happiest though.

For me though there is nothing like the joy of a house bun. I know every inch of daisy's personality and I feel like his friend rather than his keeper (he doesnt feel the same though - to him I am merely a servant). Although I love my outdoor guys I dont feel that I will have as close a bond with them.

Which is better for them though, I really dont know.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:54 pm

I find roman misses the interaction between the cages now that he is inside. he is always pawing at the window trying to get out. It might just be that they are girls. On the other hand I find roman becoming more tame and enjoying strokes! even if he did bite me last night!
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Ive had buns indoor and outdoors, not permenantly, but for me it was simply a case of either who needs extra care/attention or who is a single bun.
When i got Skye she was indoors with me until she wad bonded with Marley and Dolly. They live outdoors in summer. I took in a rescue and she lived outdoors because she had fleas and was in quarrentine. After her spay, she came indoors because she needed the extra attention and she needs meds at the moment too, so shes staying indoors as its much easier for me to manage her and juggle everything else thats going on.

All buns are different though, and as far as knowing what is right for which bun and if theyre happy - i think its just a case of getting to know them and observing their behaviour.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down