Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why i love my rabbits...

+3
KatieB
Thumper2001
marleyNfriends
7 posters

Go down

Why i love my rabbits... Empty Why i love my rabbits...

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:49 pm

I was asked to write why i love my pets so much. I wrote it out and started to get quite emotional, so im not sure if the spelling and grammer is much good, but here you go, mum said i should share it. Rolling Eyes Is there any special reasons as to why you love your buns?

Its hard to explain why i love my pets without you knowing a bit of history, otherwise i might just sound like a nut!

All my life ive battled with kidney failure. In 2004 I had a kidney transplant, but theres no real cure for kidney disease and although its stable, im already back in kidney failure due to recurrent infections, not helped by having a low immune system. Post transplant I fell in love with horses, but my dreams of competing as a member of the BSJA were shattered in 2010 when I got a kidney infection that went on for 18 months. I was never well for long enough to be able to take my riding seriously, and i was no use to anyone if i couldnt carry out stable duties. I became very depressed and isolated from my friends, they just didnt understand that though i wasnt physically ill, i was always physically and emotionally drained and one by one they all stoped contacting me. Id had the rabbits for 18months by this time, but they were there all the time. They couldn’t go anywhere, they couldn’t care for themselves and they became my main focus. Turned out I needed them as much as they needed me. They became my reason for getting up on a morning and my one reason for carrying on. I suffered with depression for 18months, i rememberd numerous times wishing i was dead - i was more ill now than i was before my transplant, my life just didnt seem worth it anymore. I struggled to get my life back on track, but im now back at college doing a diploma in animal management. I assist in a veterinary practice one day a week and have a part time job on a weekend and I don’t think id be where I am now if it wasn’t for the rabbits. They are my driving force, they make me smile every day and keep me going when im having a bad day. I love them so much, it sometimes makes me cry when I think about it.

So there you go, im sorry if it comes across very woe is me, but its all true and its quite the opposite now. Im happier than i have been in a long time. The rabbits are my world and I cant describe how much i love them. They saved my life, and its now my lifetime goal to help improve and save the lives of other animals like them in any way i can. Its the only way i feel i can return the favour.

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Why i love my rabbits... Empty Re: Why i love my rabbits...

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Sophia, I had no idea you were going through all this Hugs I have seen posts where you said you were ill but I didn't realise.

I'm so pleased you have the buns to pick you up. They are amazing little spirit lifters x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Sophia

Im sat here with a lump in my throat.

I dont think its Woe is me at all. I think it shows bravery and strength.

I wonder if Marley, Dolly, Skye and Maggie have any idea just how special they are. x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Katieb wrote:Sophia

I wonder if Marley, Dolly, Skye and Maggie have any idea just how special they are. x

ROFL Dont make me laugh. They dont know theire flippin' born! However, they're so perceptive its unbelieveable, especially Marley. He came not long before things started to turn to poop, hes like my little guardian angel Love
I got Dolly to be his friend, and Skye for selfish reasons, but shes my little Jester. Shes a laugh a minute.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 pm

I had a friend whose daughter was on the transplant list and I know that kidney problems are really tiring and there are so many things she had to be careful about.

I think you should print that out and keep it and when you feel depressed and down, you should read it, especially the last paragraph and see how far you've come. You really as inspirational as your buns. Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:53 am

Hugs I had no idea how ill you were either. Its lovely that the bunnies helped you through it all. They truly are magical creatures.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 am

Katieb wrote:Sophia

this Hugs Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 am

You truly are are an inspiration (and will be in the future) to others.

Your mum was right about you sharing this, it's very moving, and it's very inspiring, Thank-you Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:06 am

Well i really dont know how to respond...I guess its just life - for me anyway.

Ive re-read it this morning and even now, it doesnt seem to get accross just how much i love them. I just cant express it enough. Love
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down