Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter

2 posters

Go down

WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter Empty WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Im after a 3-4ft rabbit hutch to use as a snug for the bunnies when they go out into the playhouse. Im happy to pay some money, is anyone able to help?

All the ones ive seen have been a bit too small or really grubby looking and expensive.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter Empty Re: WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:33 pm

I've got one hun, its perfect. Its hardly been used its about five years old but was only used for a month when someone adopted one of the baby bunnies of me in 2007. They were moving and wouldnt be able to transport a huge hutch, so she gave it to me. Its on legs but I would cut them off before you got it or a courier would be 3 x more money because the legs are quite high Laughing

it opens at the top and at the front so its easy to clean out too. The floor actually "slides" out too, its one of those fancy but way to small ones. I almost used it as a run shelter for mine but They have one already so it just sits in the garden. Its about 3 foot but its not as thin as normal ones.

You can message me on facebook about it if you are interested, I'll get you a photo tomorrow.

ALSO - i dont know how much couriers are so it could be way too much, but we can find out x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter Empty Re: WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 pm

SarahJane wrote:I've got one hun, its perfect. Its hardly been used its about five years old but was only used for a month when someone adopted one of the baby bunnies of me in 2007. They were moving and wouldnt be able to transport a huge hutch, so she gave it to me. Its on legs but I would cut them off before you got it or a courier would be 3 x more money because the legs are quite high WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter 811805

it opens at the top and at the front so its easy to clean out too. The floor actually "slides" out too, its one of those fancy but way to small ones. I almost used it as a run shelter for mine but They have one already so it just sits in the garden. Its about 3 foot but its not as thin as normal ones.

You can message me on facebook about it if you are interested, I'll get you a photo tomorrow.

ALSO - i dont know how much couriers are so it could be way too much, but we can find out x

Thanks SJ, that would be fab! I have no idea how much a courier would be, but I live in Cleveland (TS12) if your able to find out. I dont think theres anything i need to ask you other than how tall is it? But pictures would be great. Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Its not overly tall but your buns would be okay in it as a shelter mine are too huge! i'll have a look, i wont be able to sort it straight away as Dad needs to cut the legs off so could be a couple of weeks (just because hes **** at doing things i ask LOL) But i will look into it for you, its good condition so it should look good Smile

I'll measure it tomorrow as im not sure exactly how big it is!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:12 pm

SarahJane wrote:this is it!

[url=http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches/single_storey_hutches/outback/99655
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches/single_storey_hutches/outback/99655[/quote[/url]

That would be fab. Does the mesh part have a door that can open? I know some of them only open via the roof. Looks good to me though, obviously done go sawing the legs off until you know how much it would be to send via courier! Theres no rush either as ive just forked out for a new run Smile But thank you WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter 535317 If the carriage charge is quite good, do you want any money for it?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeh the door does open, although i dont think I have ever opened it!

Just £10 if the courier isnt too pricey? thats all i'd sell it for , as i kept meaning to sell it as a shelter but was too worried it would be a hutch. Would be fab towards Benjis vaccinations - as they are due and obviously he wasnt planned! (makes him sound like a baby!!) but if it the courier is expensive then just have it because I know its going to a good home! Smile xx
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Aww that sounds fab. Thank you WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter 913859 I dont mind paying £10 if the courier isnt too bad, im just a bit skint at the moment after Maggie and the new run. Like I said, theres no rush, just let me know Smile x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:58 pm

I have no idea how to weigh such a huge thing :/

I mean I can hardly put it on the scales. Actually we dont HAVE scales. Ill ask Dad tomorrow what he thinks is best! Domino will have to say goodbye to his sunshade! (he likes to lay under it when free ranging!!)

Not a problem, I know how tricky it can be to get a little
hutch as a shelter , most of them are old and horrible! Laughing
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm

you may want to check out this on couriers

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-parcel-delivery

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:08 pm

SarahJane wrote:I have no idea how to weigh such a huge thing :/

I mean I can hardly put it on the scales. Actually we dont HAVE scales. Ill ask Dad tomorrow what he thinks is best! Domino will have to say goodbye to his sunshade! (he likes to lay under it when free ranging!!)

Not a problem, I know how tricky it can be to get a little
hutch as a shelter , most of them are old and horrible! WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter 811805

WANTED: Small rabbit hutch to use as a shelter 811805 I dont know, you could just call and give dimensions? I know someone who sent a 5ft hutch fully assembled via courier. She had to sweet talk him to take it once he saw it though! Some can be real funny ******* though, i remember having real trouble getting my surfboard up from Portsmouth!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down