Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help / ideas please! Scanning / head moving from side to sid

+8
fiver
KatieB
gentl
NickieM
Sparky
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
racheld69
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help / ideas please! Scanning / head moving from side to sid Empty Help / ideas please! Scanning / head moving from side to sid

Post by racheld69 Thu May 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi

Juniper has suddenley started scanning quite rapidly. just got home from work and she is doing it - her head moving from side to side. just phoned my vet who says it could be ec or a myriad of other things and we need to see how she goes but in the meantime has anyone else had this. she is hopping about but doesn't want her biscuits - has been 100% fine until now...any thoughts/advice much appreciated?
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Help / ideas please! Scanning / head moving from side to sid Empty Re: Help / ideas please! Scanning / head moving from side to sid

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 10, 2012 6:14 pm

That is either an ear infection or e.cuniculi , if you have any Panacur in I would put Juniper on a course of it straight away.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Help / ideas please! Scanning / head moving from side to sid Empty Re: Help / ideas please! Scanning / head moving from side to sid

Post by racheld69 Thu May 10, 2012 6:15 pm

yes, have got some so am going to go and administer some now....
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm

racheld69 wrote:yes, have got some so am going to go and administer some now....

Chudleigh started scanning a few years ago and we put him on Panacur straight away and he stopped. Hope it works I know it's so scary to see. I would let your Vet check him out as well and let her know you have put him on Panacur.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu May 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks. Just been and given her some. i have brand new tubes but it is fewmonths out of date but hopefully still effective just that they don't guarantee it my vet said. my vet said to try giving her some and see. yes it is upsetting especially as she looks very upset about it! have checked her ears and nothing looking abnormal from the outside - no wax or dirt or anything at the outside end......just hoping she eats or i will have a whole worse problem....
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu May 10, 2012 6:31 pm

ps how long did it take for chudleigh to stop once you started panacur?
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 10, 2012 7:10 pm

racheld69 wrote:ps how long did it take for chudleigh to stop once you started panacur?

About 2-3 days but he could have had an ear infection but we got it in time, we had Betty Boo who started with darting eyes which was e.cunicili and she started fitting within an hour or so and died in Mikes arms after fitting.

Usually when a bunny scans or eyes that rapidly dart from left to right it's usually e.cuniculi which can start anytime, head tilt which can be due to a trauma to the head or an ear infection
whatever I would get him to a vet and just get him checked out or ring for advice. We rang the vet for advice with Chudleigh and were told to start him on Panacur.

Unfortunately Panacur doesn't cure e.cuniculi but it helps.

Keep us posted!

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 pm

I hope the panacur works!
It must be quite frightening to watch
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu May 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Vibes for Juniper, I also hope the Panacur sorts her out Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

yes, my vet said start panacur and we will talk again tomorrow.....am just going to keep checking her. if i bring her indoors it will be more stressful for her so will leave her in the shed and keep popping out.....thanks for all your help and vibes.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Hope she is ok xx

Thinking of you Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Hoping that it isn't anything serious. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 11, 2012 12:38 am

Sending an emergency squadron full of Get Well vibes for the stately Juniper! Love
Please get well Juniper! Love Nose touches for the warren and Hugs for your mommy!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 am

sending millions of vibes hun.

Has the vet seen her? Were there any signs of infection in her ears?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 am

vibes for juniper i hope the treatment works it must be frustrating and scary for you hugs for both of you Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 am

Sending lots of vibes your way, hope you get to the bottom of what's wrong quickly Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm

sending vibes! hope it clears up
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 11, 2012 1:28 pm

How is she today? Sending more vibes for the lovely Juniper! Love and
some hugs Hugs for you.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Mon May 14, 2012 10:29 am

Hellooo. sorry for the delay in replying. She is much better. Am panacuring her for 28 days incase. She isn't eating her biscuits for some reason but is eating everything else. No scanning at all. She is going to the vets friday more as a precaution than anything to actually look at .....is all very odd. She has a bald patch under her chin in a fat fold that is all i have found over the weekend! she had her vaccination and check up a month ago incl. teeth checked... so i am none the wiser...... but thank you very much for all your help and vibes. Much appreciated and valuable at these stressy times. Fingers crossed she is going to be ok.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon May 14, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm so glad she's better! Will be thinking of you Friday, you're doing the right thing taking her.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 pm

I am so glad she is better love, lots of comforts and noserubs to you both.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon May 14, 2012 3:09 pm

That's brilliant you obviously got it in time, that's wonderful Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Great news Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Wonderful news! I'd been hoping there would be some--and there is! I'm so very glad she is better! Nose touches for her and Hugs for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Sat May 19, 2012 1:08 pm

How is juniper now ?
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next