Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Learn to eat quicker?

+3
fiver
KatieB
Thumper2001
7 posters

Go down

Learn to eat quicker? Empty Learn to eat quicker?

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Junior practically inhales his food No He eats so much faster than Molly that I have to take her and her food way from him when he is finished, otherwise he will eat half of hers. Literally!!

If I leave them to eat together, do you think there is any hope that she'll start to eat faster so he can't eat it?

scratch
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Learn to eat quicker? Empty Re: Learn to eat quicker?

Post by KatieB Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Annie eats a whole lot quicker than Charlie so I always give him a head start by putting it onto the run for a couple of mins. Annabelle is a girl of little brain and still hasn't worked out why he goes up there while she Hops around looking confused as to where the food is!

I don't know if he would ever be able to catch up with her!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri May 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
junior is such a character poor molly doesn't stand a chance Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri May 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Tigger inhales her food too! Unfortunately she has a cracking brain and knows when I try to give Jeeves a head start with pellets.
When it comes to veg I hand them their food separately one piece at a time, if Tigger finishes a piece first she goes to pinch from Jeeves, she doesn't come to me! When it's carrot time I have to shut Jeeves in the hutch so Tigger can't steal from him, they go mad for carrots.
I really don't know if Molly will learn to speed up, Jeeves certainly hasn't he still plods along at his own rate Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri May 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Do you use the treat ball for all of their pellets? Could you spread the food around the room so they have to go looking for it?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri May 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to carry on as I am then Smile

Katieb wrote:Annie eats a whole lot quicker than Charlie so I always give him a head start by putting it onto the run for a couple of mins. Annabelle is a girl of little brain and still hasn't worked out why he goes up there while she Hops around looking confused as to where the food is!

Sparky wrote:Do you use the treat ball for all of their pellets? Could you spread the food around the room so they have to go looking for it?
No to the treat ball, when we do that, the tables turn completely. Molly gets all the food and Junior gets none . Junior gets carried away pushing the ball around and Molly walks along behind him picking up all the pellets. OH thinks it's the funniest thing he's ever seen No Laughing

I did try scattering the food, but they are so daft they just hopped around like a pair of twits too excited to eat the food Laughing I could try it again I guess, it was a while ago Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri May 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Thanks guys. I guess I'll just have to carry on as I am then Smile

Katieb wrote:Annie eats a whole lot quicker than Charlie so I always give him a head start by putting it onto the run for a couple of mins. Annabelle is a girl of little brain and still hasn't worked out why he goes up there while she Hops around looking confused as to where the food is!

Sparky wrote:Do you use the treat ball for all of their pellets? Could you spread the food around the room so they have to go looking for it?
No to the treat ball, when we do that, the tables turn completely. Molly gets all the food and Junior gets none . Junior gets carried away pushing the ball around and Molly walks along behind him picking up all the pellets. OH thinks it's the funniest thing he's ever seen No Laughing

I did try scattering the food, but they are so daft they just hopped around like a pair of twits too excited to eat the food Laughing I could try it again I guess, it was a while ago Smile

ROFL
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri May 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:No to the treat ball, when we do that, the tables turn completely. Molly gets all the food and Junior gets none . Junior gets carried away pushing the ball around and Molly walks along behind him picking up all the pellets. OH thinks it's the funniest thing he's ever seen No Laughing

I would give them the treat-ball first for a while, then the rest of their pellets. At least then you know Molly will have had a good nom Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon May 21, 2012 4:16 pm

It is like that with our guinea pigs love, one is an ansolute gredy bone and the little girl takes her time. When feedings, we just keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't pinch hers.
Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down