Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone had the new combined vacc yet?

4 posters

Go down

Has anyone had the new combined vacc yet?  Empty Has anyone had the new combined vacc yet?

Post by Claireshep Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:54 pm

One of my foster rabbit has developed a large scab on each of his eye lids, looks like myxo Sad but he seems completely fine in himself and his genitals are clear. The scabs are lifting off and pink skin if underneath. Just concerned!! It was over a month ago when he had the vac, he is housed alone so I know its not bites from another rabbit.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had the new combined vacc yet?  Empty Re: Has anyone had the new combined vacc yet?

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Mine haven't had it but a few people have posted on here saying theirs have.

Poor bun Sad Does your vet think it is definitely a reaction to the vaccine?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had the new combined vacc yet?  Empty Re: Has anyone had the new combined vacc yet?

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:12 pm

I have heard of (very, very few) rabbits developing small myxi-like facial lesions or having weepy eyes. These seem to develop a couple of weeks after the vaccine and soon clear up with no lasting damage.

If you think it could be related, it's worth telling your vet who will pass the info on to the company who make the vaccine (I think there is some formal feedback process for these things).

Jack had his and although he had a bout of pasteurella not long afterwards, we're not sure whether the two are related. Dougal has had his more recently, and no ill-effects whatsover. We're quite happy to continue changing the buns over onto this vaccine as they become due Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Only just spotted the scabs in the last hour so he hasnt seen a vet, just spoke to a vet friend who wouldnt commit to saying it was a vacc reaction. He however is acting totally fine eating running around as if nothing is wrong! While I panic Very Happy vet friend said to take him to the vets if he appears sick so for now just going to monitor the situation. Was just worried as its the new vacc and have never used it. Thanks for advice though.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Like Sparky I have heard of a few people with similar reports. I would follow Sparky's advice as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 pm

I don't think he really needs to see the vet unless he starts showing any symptoms of being unwell, but it is worth reporting it in case it is related - the more feedback given on this new vaccine, the better Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Claireshep Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Well the vet who vaccinated him now knows, I had 3 done on the same day. Jasper has been rehomed so am going to message his new owner and get her to check he is ok. Animals are nothing but stress Laughing Willlet you all know how he gets on.
Claireshep
Claireshep
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm

How is bunny now? Feeling better I hope! Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Snuffles has had the combi and thank goodness he has had no negative reaction.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down