Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video

+5
gentl
JoeyBunsMum
fall3n-ang3l
Thumper2001
icedancer
9 posters

Go down

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video Empty The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video

Post by icedancer Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Leah and Cherry, the roborovski hamsters, aka The Diddy Girls. They were found dumped in a box in a field with their relatives, and were found by a friend of a friend. My friend owns this type of hamster, knows how much I love them, and what a softie I am, so I didn't need asking twice.

They've been here a week and a half. They are still very shy, but are adorable. I've held Cherry a couple of times, Leah is still very fiesty (and vocal). I completely adore them already Love Love

This is their house

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video P1020396

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video P1020398

And the diddy girls

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video P1020399

Leah
The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video P1020400

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video P1020405

Cherry
The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video P1020401

And this is Cherry sat on my hand Love Love

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video BasingstokeandDeane-20120618-00388

Last edited by icedancer on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video Empty Re: The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Did she stay on your hand Carla? Wink Laughing

They are sooo cute!! Can you easily tell them apart?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video Empty Re: The Diddy Girls! *Photo Heavy* UD With Video

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Love very cute
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:07 pm

She did stay on my hand, until I moved it over to the floor when she jumped down Laughing Laughing I then said "oh s***" and quickly caught her ROFL ROFL

Leah has a white face. Also, they all interbred as both sexes were dumped in the same box, so Leahs Dad is also another relative (brother or uncle or something), so she's a little bit deformed. Her nose is very long for a hamster, she almost looks half rat with the shape of her face. But she's a lucky one, most of the litter were completely deformed and died Crying or Very sad

We can't work out if Cherry and Leah are sisters, or whether Cherry is Leahs auntie. But because Leah's mum had the litter at 7 weeks, even if Cherry is auntie they are roughly the same age. It's a bit sad really, no wonder they are all shy Crying or Very sad
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aww, that is sad Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Remembered I had this video of them on my phone. This was the first day I got them Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-RmRtPS5fY&feature=youtu.be
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:01 am

Love

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:08 am

How cute! Love Look at them go on that wheel! They have dual wheels, but they share! Why do all hamsters love their wheels so I wonder? This duo is no exception!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 am

We think (as in me and my friend) it's because they aren't used to having toys, so have shared everything. You can guarantee if one is on one wheel the other will join her!! They were very playful last night, it was adorable Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww Love Love Love Love

They are really teeny, aren't they? Are they fully grown?

I love the way that, on the wheel, when one of them gets the pace wrong they go round with the wheel Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:38 pm

gentl wrote:How cute! Love Look at them go on that wheel! They have dual wheels, but they share! Why do all hamsters love their wheels so I wonder? This duo is no exception!
I thought the exact same things Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Yes they are fully grown, when you hold them it's not like you are holding anything at all. I had Cherry out again last night, she pooed on me!

It's hilarious when one gets flung off the wheel ROFL Embarassed ROFL
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm

icedancer wrote:It's hilarious when one gets flung off the wheel ROFL Embarassed ROFL
I felt a bit mean about having even a teeny snigger at the wheel antics, but now you have said that you have to get us video of it Very Happy Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:25 pm

have you had one do a 360 on the wheel yet? when i had a robo he was rescue, he was picked on by his siblings and his owners got rid of him. He has half his ears missing Sad anyways he used to run so fast on the wheel he would loose his footing and it would look like he was in a washing machine Laughing he didnt seem to mind tho, kept going back for more!
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Sparky wrote:
icedancer wrote:It's hilarious when one gets flung off the wheel ROFL Embarassed ROFL
I felt a bit mean about having even a teeny snigger at the wheel antics, but now you have said that you have to get us video of it Very Happy Laughing

I will do, it's brilliant! They look a bit "WTF" then get back on. If they used one wheel each it would be much easier, it's also amusing when one decides to start going in the other direction Laughing

Amelia66 wrote:have you had one do a 360 on the wheel yet? when i had a robo he was rescue, he was picked on by his siblings and his owners got rid of him. He has half his ears missing Sad anyways he used to run so fast on the wheel he would loose his footing and it would look like he was in a washing machine Laughing he didnt seem to mind tho, kept going back for more!

Yup!! One did that last night and landed on the other! They are so funny aren't they Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 pm

How could anyone dump something so tiny they are just adorable and I love their little faces Love Love Love

I use to have a Russian Dwarf hamster it was bought for me by my Niece one Birthday and he was forever scratching and making himself bleed doing it and I took him to the vet's and they did certain tests on him and he had leukemia and I had to have him pts, I was devastated as he was so cute.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Two wheels and they want to share Laughing
They are so adorable, can't wait to show my OH that video.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down