Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skye's sister

+5
Dotdot
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
KatieB
marleyNfriends
9 posters

Go down

Skye's sister Empty Skye's sister

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 pm

was for Sale. I know its not good to go to breeders, and i said after Skye that id never do it again, so its for the best, but shell have gone to another breeder. Id have been able to get her for nothing too Crying or Very sad For a second, i stupidly thought i could have a part of her back.

I just miss the grumpy cow so much Crying or Very sad Love Love I was watching her videos on youtube this morning, she loved binkying around like a nutter, i know even if there was something we could have done for her, she would never have been able to do that again. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I really thought id have more time with her, and lots, lots more crazy binky sessions. Sad

marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Skye's sister Empty Re: Skye's sister

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 pm

What brilliant videos of her. Such a Special girl.

I don't blame you for being tempted hunni xxxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:10 pm

i remember the last two videos,they really made me laugh,she was soooooo adorable Love
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

The birthday video made me blub (again), the binky one made me smile, and the washing one made me go 'aaawwwwwwww' Love

She may have been teeny but she was packed full of character, and so gorgeous with that shining white fur and those ever-so blue eyes. It's completely understandable that you miss her, and Davie, horribly and you must still be coming to terms with the tragic circumstances in which it happened.

marleyNfriends wrote:For a second, i stupidly thought i could have a part of her back.
I think you've hit the nail on the head here (not that I think you are stupid) - you might end up with a bun who looks just like Skye but in personality is nothing like her and that would be tough on you both.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Oh I just love those videos. What a beautiful little girl.
I've got a lump in my throat from watching the first one. Such lovely memories you have.
Baby blue eyes, what a perfect song for her.

I agree with Sparky, you could get one who looks like her but she may have a completely different attitude.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Skye was beautiful, and it was such a shock what happened.

I think about Florences' sister everyday, and she's still here. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Hugs
I hope Marley and Dolly are looking forward to you.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 pm

I cried at those videos yesterday, yet today they make me smile. ...even the one of her washing herself, she wouldnt have even been able to do that properly, would she? Ive seen a bunny that has EC, its back legs have gone, it has a trolley to be wheeled around on and she is incontinent. When its owner tried to clean its legs, she screamed out. I can fully understand that her owner is holding out for a miracle. But it made me think of what Skye might have been like, and i didnt want that for her, it wouldnt be fair.

When i finally had a moment of clarity, i know it wouldnt have made any difference to how i feel. Its not like i can pretend shes Skye. She might look like her, but she wont be anything like her. Shes been raised and kept differently to how Skye has been brought up, and every bunny is different, so it would have been a stupid thing to do and it wouldnt have been fair on me, her, my parents or the bunnies i already have. I think im fine, and what seems like silly things are the things that set me off. Im a bit scared i will do something ill later regret while im feeling like this (such as take on Skyes sister!) because im not thinking straight at the time. Ive come close so many times already. Ive removed myself from one Facebook group, as there are a lot of bunnies that go up for sale on there, i stick around to give advice, but have had to leave because the temptation is a problem at the moment.

It would have been irresponsible if i had taken her sister on, and would probably be more than i can handle at the moment. There were people on a bunny group trying to get me to buy her off the breeder she was sold to! The thing is, so many people take on more than they can manage while trying to help needy buns, its easily done! When it all becomes too much though, its the other rescues that have to bail them out and pick up the pieces. It just contributes further to the overall problem, and im not going to become one of those people. It defeats the object of what so many people are trying to achieve.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 am

aww such a beutiful girl i can understand the temptation
Hugs Hugs Hugs
such brilliant vids of her and her character Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:26 am

I can't stop blubbering. Skye was so beautiful. IMHO she should have won the Britain's Bunny contest. She was just so incredibly tiny and full of so much concentrated BINKINESS!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:36 pm

She is so very pretty, those videos are lovely, what big binkies for such a little bun! I can understand your temptations & I've got a lot of admiration for you, I'm not sure I could handle something like this in the way you have Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:She is so very pretty, those videos are lovely, what big binkies for such a little bun! I can understand your temptations & I've got a lot of admiration for you, I'm not sure I could handle something like this in the way you have Hugs

Bless you. Hugs
It has been incredibly hard, it is a little easier, but it still hurts when i think of them. Nobody mentions them in my house, which i dont like, because its as if they were never here, sometimes my parents get sick of listening to me talking about rabbits, so i dont say anything, but sometimes, all i want to do is talk about them. Im tearing up again now, just thinking about them. Crying or Very sad All i can do is do my best for the bunnies that are in my care now, but it is awful, because im now starting to realise that no matter how many bunnies come and go, it will always feel like there is something missing Crying or Very sad
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:30 am

I think it's very difficult to know what to do sometimes when you're not the one experiencing it, some people don't like talking about it and others do (like when I'm upset it's best to just ignore me because if you give me a sympathetic hug I'm going to be a million times worse!) But I wouldn't not talk about them to them, at the end of the day your family is meant to be there and support you in your interests and although it's easy for me to say as I don't know your family but I'm sure they do really. Though one thing I am very certain of, there's one place you can always go to and talk non-stop about them and there'll certainly be no getting sick of anything! Smile

I think there's always going to be people and pets who stay with you and who you will always miss, but because it all happened so quickly and was such a shock I think it's still very raw at the moment. I'm not trying to say at all you will ever forget about them or they'll ever be replaced or anything like that, but I think over time you will feel better as loss of any kind takes time.

I do know one thing for sure, you were a fantastic humum to Skye and Davie, and in whatever you do you will certainly make some very happy buns Smile
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: