Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously.

+7
gentl
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
fiver
KatieB
Dotdot
Vince the bunny
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously. Empty Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously.

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Seriously, this isn't a humerous post. What he did to Easter made me not be able to look at him tonight at dinner time Sad

The rexes were having a run around the garden whislt I cleaned them out and Easter disappeared. The other two went back home when I asked them but Easter was no where to be found which is odd for Easter as the rexes come to me on command.

So I'm calling and calling and eventually spot her in the corner of the garden, behind Vince's run. How she got behind there I don't know because I fenced it off but the kids looked at her and said 'mummy, her face is bleeding' I crouch down and her left side of her top lip is hanging off. Vince is in the run next to her. I reach down to get her and lift her over the fence and her face is looking very sore and is bleeding Sad As I'm lifting her Vince is boxing us through the run bars and growling at Easter. I took Easter straight to the vets who said that they didn't want to stitch her face as that would require a GA and I didn't want her to have a GA so I asked them to glue it back together which they agreed was a better option for her. You can see the bite mark where his top teeth went in and the bottom teeth ripped her lip. The vet said it might be an idea to cut off the flappy skin, at which point I could feel the colour drain out of my face and my knees went funny, I didn't really want them to do that either so we went with the glue.
She is on a course of antibiotics and has to go back next thursday for a check up. She was as good as gold at the vets, the vet said she was beautiful Smile

I'm so upset with Vince. I know he is just a rabbit doing rabbity things but he is so horrid to other rabbits other than his two girls. I don't think I will be able to let any of them out for free range anymore. Vince usually isn't aggresive to Hermione and Easter, it's just Boo, but this has really made me feel disgusted with Vince. Sad
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously. Empty Re: Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously.

Post by Dotdot Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Gosh poor Easter. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. Is there not anything you can place in front of the run while they're out for free time?
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously. Empty Re: Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously.

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:17 pm

I think I will have to start shutting Vince in the avairy or even the guinea pig hutch which is on top of their hutch in the avairy. Vince likes it in there because the pigs spill their food everywhere and he hoovers it up.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Oh goodness poor Easter.

I hope she will be ok. Is she eating ok?

I think vince sees he whole territory as his. Naughty little monster.

I hope you are ok Hun, I expect you are shaken up too x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:32 pm

aww poor easter hope she gets better quickly Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
i wonder what got into vince Rolling Eyes but as you say doing bun things but something must have sparked it off some sort of disagreement or maybe she in his opinion over stepped his authority No

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm

She is eating ok, I gave her medicine in a bitesize shredded wheat (and had to fend off Boo and Hermione whilst she ate it!).

Easter is one of my favourites, I really love that little bunny. Ironically Vince is the other favourite because he is so damn naughty. Easter's lip must have been very sore. I was worried she may get an infection in it but the antibiotics should prevent that.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 pm

poor little lady,hope shes ok

Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:44 pm

They all know what Vince is like but still they go over. If my neighbour threatened to do me grieviously bodily harm if I went near their house I would steer clear! But not rabbits, oh no No
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh no, norty Vince and poor Easter Sad

We had the same with Roo when she got her lower lip almost torn off last year, after poking it through the pen at bunnies she had previously been quite rude to No

It is horrible, and you feel very guilty that it has been able to happen to them, but she'll heal up and be fine (Roo has a bit of a wonky smile now - it's all part of her character Love )

Heal quick, Easter, and forgive Vince soon, VTB Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 am

Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously. HARE-MAILSTAMP2Easter
I hope the beautiful Easter heals very quickly w/o infection. Hugs to you! This
must be upsetting to the max. Sending comforting vibe for you.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:23 am

Oh deary me Vince that wasn't very kind to Easter was it Sad
you will find yourself on the norty step at this rate Vince has disgraced himself today. Seriously. Naughty

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:51 am

I think he has gone past the norty step and is now in the dog house.

He has been a cheeky norty bunny overnight and he stamped hs foot at me when I caught him. I will post his norty antics later. I'm sure that bunny is a reincarnation of someone I once knew who passed away. I know that sounds bonkers but it's the way he looks at me sometimes.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 am

Vince the bunny wrote:I think he has gone past the norty step and is now in the dog house.

He has been a cheeky norty bunny overnight and he stamped hs foot at me when I caught him. I will post his norty antics later. I'm sure that bunny is a reincarnation of someone I once knew who passed away. I know that sounds bonkers but it's the way he looks at me sometimes.
wouldn't be at all suprised,
glad easter is ok give her loves from all of us Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:51 am

How is Easter doing this morning?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Easter is doing fine, I checked her mouth which looks gory but no sign of infection. She is eating and seems her normal self Smile

Vince on the other hand is being very norty on top of the piggie hutch. Chucking their supplies all over the floor, ripping the newspapers up, chucking the dustpan and brush about, knocking the food everwhere for Faline and Hazel to eat , chewing the top of their hutch and.......... thumping his feet at me! His ears were in a lopped position which makes him look mega grumpy. He HATES me at the moment, he is ok with the kids but when I go in I get flattened ears and foot thumping. I am not backing down. Neither is he. We are in a stale mate.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:10 pm

So glad Easter is doing fine Smile

But Vince seems to really want to get on that norty step doesn't he Shocked

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:42 pm

So glad Easter is ok Smile Little soldier.

Vince on the other hand... No Wonder what he's trying to tell you!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Oh, what a naughty boy. Poor Easter Sad Sad Glad she is okay and recovering though, and hope your stand off with Vince doesn't last too long. Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Have you tried very pointedly turning your back on Vince? Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 pm

The website 'Language of Lagomorphs' offeres this:

The Offendedness Scale

1. Rabbit moves into your vicinity, faces you a moment, then examines the ground around its feet as if there is something there much more interesting than you are. "Not everything is about you, ya know." (may be used just to show you who's boss)

2. Rabbit sitting in your vicinity turns sideways, or a little turned away, ears up, and looks at you with one eye. "Hmm, what's your problem?" or "Just what do you mean by that, buddy?"
(not always meaningful, though)

3. Rabbit's ears are sloping back instead of held upright, but still turned to face forward or sideways. "You're not a nice person."

4. Rabbit steps away a bit (out of easy grooming range) and turns its back to you, but looks over its shoulder to make sure you're noticing. "You're in some trouble now, mister."

5. Rabbit turns and hops away, flicking its feet quickly backward and to the sides in an exaggerated way, often making a sort of whooshing noise (a "foot-flick," or being "flipped off"). "I am shaking your dust off my heels." (HH Note: This really works. But if you do this...we want a video Laughing )

6. Rabbit turns its back to you and sits or lies down, without even looking back. "You are behaving unacceptably."

7. Rabbit turns its back to you, lies down, and folds its ears all the way down, to shut out both the sight and sound of you. "You are the scum of the earth. I'll have nothing to do with you."

Human versions of this work. They also discuss that the rabbit may wee on your pillow or cushion. We have not tried this one...if you do it we don't want pictures. Embarassed Wink ROFL
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:45 pm

I haven't tried bunny language back at him, but I will Wink The litle sod has been sat on the guinea pig hutch ALL DAY! Shocked And you know why? Because the stupid bunny is stuck up there. Shocked He jumped up but cannot get down. He is to proud to ask me for help so he shuns me and foot thumps. I fed the girls and still he stayed up there. We looked at each other and I asked him if he was stuck and in a bunny sort of way he said 'yes'. So he allowed me to pick him up and put him back on the floor (Vince doesn't 'do' being picked up at all!) So, I think we are back to normal now. He has had a major sulk all day on the hutch and I have now forgiven him. Smile

Easter took her medicine on some weetabix, which she enjoyed and seems her happy usual self Very Happy So harmony has been restored cheers
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Laughing Poor Vince, fancy having to ask for help from someone you're trying to ignore Laughing

I'm glad you two are on speaking terms again and that Easter is fine Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 pm

[b]so pleased that Easter is on the mend and that your all friends again well for now anyway Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Sparky wrote: Laughing Poor Vince, fancy having to ask for help from someone you're trying to ignore Laughing

ROFL he is such a plonker sometimes! Not sure why he was in such a huff with me though, I never told him off for biting Easter. He seems to blame me if another bun gets too close to him for his comfort Hmmm
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Poor Easter. That sounds horrific. I'm glad she has been patched up and I'm sure she will be better soon. They heal pretty quickly.

Vince does sound like a total territorial monster. Sasha and Barley absolutely LOATHE each other. They both do the nipping through the bars and if he is out and has the nerve to run past her pen, she chases him with her tail up, grunting.

He isn't much better, and on Thursday evening when she was out and getting a pet from me, leant through and bit her ear!

He is frustrated because he thinks he is boss and is always presenting his lowered forehead to her. She just leans through the pen and rips a chunk of his fur out! He has a bald spot but keeps asking to be groomed. Rolling Eyes I don't think this is a match made in heaven.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next