Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbits with cancer

2 posters

Go down

Rabbits with cancer Empty Rabbits with cancer

Post by bunnymum Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 am

One of my does is being neutered next tuesday and at the same time they will be removing a cancerous lump, her age and history is unknown the lump is quite mobile - could it be connected to uterine cancer? the lump is about halfway down her body on her left side. Her companion died 2 months ago and I'm desperate for her to get this op out of the way so she can get well and i can find her a new friend, she seems a bit withdrawn lately, not sure if she is in any pain?
bunnymum
bunnymum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Rabbits with cancer Empty Re: Rabbits with cancer

Post by Maizey Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:09 am

If the lump is quite mobile it could be a cyst .Have you been given any pain relief by your vet?
Maizey
Maizey
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:27 am

How do you know the lump is malignant? Has a biopsy already been taken?

Metastisis from UC tend to be found on the lungs as opposed to 'lumps' on the body. If the Doe has become 'quiet' I feel it might be a good idea to discuss having a chest Xray done before she is opened up to spay her.
Personally I would not put a Doe with a metastatic UC through a spay, but that is a decision you and your Vet would need to make for your Doe.

Good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnymum Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:25 pm

My vet took a sample from the lump and she said it shows no sign of infection so she ruled out abscess/cyst, she believes from her experience that it is a cancerous lump and she suggested it was removed when she has her op next week so that we only have to have one GA, she also told me that the sample could be sent away for confirmation of diagnosis but she felt it was a waste of my money as she is 99% sure it is a tumour.
She is a really nice vet and Rabbits are her main interest, just hope all goes well next week.
bunnymum
bunnymum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down