Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :)

+2
fiver
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
6 posters

Go down

Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :) Empty Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :)

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi everyone thought I'd let you know, We've insured Lily & Pickle today with Petplan Smile We can't insure flopsy cause he is nearly 6 and we cant insure Bella what with all her problems it would not be any point but Lily & Pickle at present are healthy and have no problems (touches wood) so we have insured them.. PetPlan covers dentals which is great.. lets hope both don't fall ill in the 2 weeks cooling period....
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :) Empty Re: Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :)

Post by fiver Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm

at least you have two insured and will help somewhat Thumbs Up
it's a shame they have age limits as not all buns live the set time and get ill more after six Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :) Empty Re: Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 am

When I had 1 bunny many years ago I had him insured with Petplan and they were brilliant Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:33 am

I would speak to petplan and clarify the dental issue. Having looked at the policy terms it states in bold 'injury' and 'illness'. Most insurance companies view burring and therefore will not pay out for it. And most excesses are set at about the same price as a dental so you never end up claiming for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:04 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I would speak to petplan and clarify the dental issue. Having looked at the policy terms it states in bold 'injury' and 'illness'. Most insurance companies view burring and therefore will not pay out for it. And most excesses are set at about the same price as a dental so you never end up claiming for it.
I agree with Cheryl. I don't think they'll cover burring. I was suspicious so I asked them on the phone and they skirted around it without giving a direct answer, so I don't think it's covered.

The policy states that rabbits need a dental check every year before they will cover any dental issue, so make sure you get that done before the policy is up for renewal (It's a long time away, I know Laughing).
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am

We are with Petplan and I cannot recommend them highly enough - they have been brilliant!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 am

Thumper2001 wrote:
cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I would speak to petplan and clarify the dental issue. Having looked at the policy terms it states in bold 'injury' and 'illness'. Most insurance companies view burring and therefore will not pay out for it. And most excesses are set at about the same price as a dental so you never end up claiming for it.
I agree with Cheryl. I don't think they'll cover burring. I was suspicious so I asked them on the phone and they skirted around it without giving a direct answer, so I don't think it's covered.

The policy states that rabbits need a dental check every year before they will cover any dental issue, so make sure you get that done before the policy is up for renewal (It's a long time away, I know Laughing).

I agree. When I used to be with petplan I would say to the vets at every vaccination 'you need to check their teeth for the insurance and you need to write that you have done it in their notes'.

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

If they do insure against dentals I will deefinately take out a policy for Binks..

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down