Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather.

+10
Dotdot
NickieM
Sparky
gentl
Sue_pawz
KatieB
Big Ears
Thumper2001
dizzylynn
Tuckerbunnies
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather.

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Just went to clean twins hutch, the straw was frozen to the floors, obviously where they had widdled to lazy to go down to litter tray lol, all cleaned, replaced then covered hutch with old curtains, just popped their heat pad out too, wish had 3 of them not just the 1, just phoned vet they ordering 1 in for me be here tomorow, if ordered myself wouldnt come in for a week knowing my luck.
Keep checking on your little ones.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather.

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Tuckerbunnies will you let me know when there on offer so can get few spare, I paid £18.75 with bellas bill for hers, might get gina to put my 15% dscount through with one on order since I have value pet for the dogs.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 pm

dizzylynn wrote:Tuckerbunnies will you let me know when there on offer so can get few spare, I paid £18.75 with bellas bill for hers, might get gina to put my 15% dscount through with one on order since I have value pet for the dogs.

We had 4 snugglesafes arrive yesterday from amazon they were £12.90p each with free delivery which is cheap compared to some companies that are actually asking £25 for snugglesafes Shocked

Here's the link Lynn http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Microwave-Wireless-Heatpad-Fleece/dp/B0014LJKUA

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks hun, ordered it, wont be hear till monday probs but pick 1 up tomorrow for charlie. His house is cosier but better having one in there as a precaution. Was thinking about putting the kids old clothes in dryer till there hot but not to hot & put them in to.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 pm

dizzylynn wrote:Thanks hun, ordered it, wont be hear till monday probs but pick 1 up tomorrow for charlie. His house is cosier but better having one in there as a precaution. Was thinking about putting the kids old clothes in dryer till there hot but not to hot & put them in to.

I spent a good few hours looking for cheap snugglesafes online and although some were cheaper on ebay they had P&P and when added on made them dearer that the amazon ones.

You could try some old towels in the dryer but they don't seem to stay warm for long.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah, its -3 hour ago so can imagine what be like through the night.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 am

We finally have cold weather and we are SO happy we have Rory. His former owners had a minuscule outdoor hutch provided very little protection for him. It also had those horrible wire floors.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 am

I hate they floors, can you just imagine how sore it is to lie on. Went back out to reheat there snuggle save at 11, gave them a warm drink or water, the bottles are freezing to quicky, the covers arent stopping the spout freezing what a waste of time, so just filling then every few hours with warm water.
Just went out to check the water, its not frozen this time, snowing now so probs not to far bellow freezing.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oggie & Flower Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

FluffSlave wrote:It is absolutely bitter today - and I just can't stop thinking of all the poor bunnies who don't have loving homes and are freezing cold Sad

So do I Sad and poor little piggies.

Does anyone use a snugglesafe for indoor bunnies? I'm just trying to compile a list of things for when they're both together. I'm guessing one can't hurt but I don't want them to over heat!

Oggie & Flower
Oggie & Flower
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Oggie & Flower wrote:
FluffSlave wrote:It is absolutely bitter today - and I just can't stop thinking of all the poor bunnies who don't have loving homes and are freezing cold Sad

Does anyone use a snugglesafe for indoor bunnies? I'm just trying to compile a list of things for when they're both together. I'm guessing one can't hurt but I don't want them to over heat!

Yes I do I have 7 indoor buns with snugglesafes at the moment all you can hear is the pigging of the microwave all the time , Snugglesafes are worth having in not just for when it's very cold like this but if they are poorly and they need keeping warm Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather. - Page 2 Sxmas_santasmiley_100-102

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm

I used one on bella Sad miss her. Picked up charlies today from vet, 3rd one should come monday - tuesday.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oggie & Flower Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Oggie & Flower wrote:

Yes I do I have 7 indoor buns with snugglesafes at the moment all you can hear is the pigging of the microwave all the time , Snugglesafes are worth having in not just for when it's very cold like this but if they are poorly and they need keeping warm Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather. - Page 2 Sxmas_santasmiley_100-102

Thanks Tuckerbunnies! Will order one sooner rather than later then Smile
Oggie & Flower
Oggie & Flower
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 am

Oggie & Flower wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Oggie & Flower wrote:

Yes I do I have 7 indoor buns with snugglesafes at the moment all you can hear is the pinging of the microwave all the time , Snugglesafes are worth having in not just for when it's very cold like this but if they are poorly and they need keeping warm Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather. - Page 2 Sxmas_santasmiley_100-102

Thanks Tuckerbunnies! Will order one sooner rather than later then Smile

Your welcome Thumbs Up

Try Amazon that's where I ordered mine from last week as they were the cheapest I could find and free delivery Keeping Bunnies warm in this cold weather. - Page 2 Sxmas_santasmiley_100-102

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Microwave-Wireless-Heatpad-Fleece/dp/B0014LJKUA

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:00 am

I got mine from amazon for £12.90 thanks to tuckerbunnies. Managed to get my 15% discount for the 1 vet ordered in for me, Vikki winked asking is Bonnie cold so the new staff wouldnt know she was doing it on the fly, only meant to get discount on the things for the dogs as their both on the value pet scheme. £17-18 a month includes yearly jags, worming, flea treatment 2 vet check ups & 2 nurse checks plus 15% all treatments & products including grooming for the 2 dogs. Hubby said should put the rabbits on it but they dont need as much monthly stuff, if it included free dental per year (or 2 dentals) and then would go for it, as it would work out another £8 each on top of the direct debit £42 a month approx.
sorry went bit off topic there.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:54 am

Our vets run a similar thing but I didn't put my buns on it because I'd probably spend more in the monthly payments a year than I would just paying for stuff individually.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 am

Same here, worked out the costs, dogs flee treatments per pack £35 for 3 months for the good stuff, worming them £8 a month for bigger dog. Then jags £25-35 a year, kennel cough not sure how much that is, then discounts on treatments & bonnies hair cuts it soon mounts up. Save from £60-100 a year. For bunnies it wouldnt save you much.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:34 pm

It would save us money on our dogs - but with three of them it would be a lot to be paying out each month. And some stuff on there like grooming or health checks they don't go for yet, the oldest is a very healthy 5 year old. They do have dental checks, vaccinations, worming and flea treatment though Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Well today i have insulated Hughies playhouse with survival blankets. Ive pinned them to the roof and stuffed them with straw. Hes also got straw all over his floor and a jingly in his water and a heat pad under it. He still isnt getting heat pads yet, as i think its supposed to get even colder and like to keep them for when it really is cold. Hes got a nice little nest going on in his shelter though Smile

I would prefer to have done the playhouse properly, but i havent the money at the moment and i dont think its cost effective as i think the playhouse is going to need replacing within a year or two. Hughie has chewed it to bits, the sealant has come off the lino and the floor underneath is soaked due to a cracked litter tray bottom! Rolling Eyes Ive done my best, and Hughie is warm and dry, but i think Marley's Nook is nearing the end of its days Sad Not bad for a 10 year old playhouse though. Wont get another one that good. Think im going to opt for a shed.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2