Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice please- Blitzen's down again.

2 posters

Go down

Advice please- Blitzen's down again. Empty Advice please- Blitzen's down again.

Post by Beth Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm

ok well this could turn out to be a long post but here goes:
Last week he finished a 3 syringe course of Panacur, before that the vet told me to treat him as if he had E. Cuniculi because he seemed fine in himself but was rapidly dropping weight and was weeing on himself. During the course I washed his bum as he was feeling better and a few days later it was mucky again, I kept washing every week hoping it'd stop once the Panacur had been done. Anyway, he finished his Panacur a day or two before we went on holiday so I gave him a wash. Came back yesterday to find he was mucky again and had runny poo.
I was thinking maybe it could be a change in routine that has affected him (not that I have a strict one) as he got runny poo whilst I was in France and my mum was looking after them and then last week when my brother was looking after them. There isn't alot of runny poo just a few splodges. Anyway this morning I found more runny poo and alot of wet but not runny ones. He seems absolutely fine in himself, running around, eating, drinking and not dropping weight. If he has it still Tuesday I will get him to the vet or if he gets worse before then of course I will get him there asap.

Anyway, what can I do to his diet to help him? I have cut out veg but is there anything else I could do? Also do you think having Blood Tests done could help as it seems to be the same thing minus the weight loss.
Thanks,
Bethx
Beth
Beth
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://magicsblog.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Advice please- Blitzen's down again. Empty Re: Advice please- Blitzen's down again.

Post by Becki Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Sounds veeery similar to Daniel, except he has a few different symptoms too. Is the weight dropping off him rapidly? If so, how rapidly? I'd probably suggest cutting out pellets and just doing hay/water diet, but watch like a hawk as it doesnt suit all rabbits and they can end up more poorly than they were before. If his diet doesnt help, then I'd look at getting bloods and feacal samples done - thats the road we've taken Thumbs Up XX
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Advice please- Blitzen's down again. Empty Re: Advice please- Blitzen's down again.

Post by Beth Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:56 pm

Thanks Very Happy
at the moment his weight is staying on (he has always been a slim rabbit- wether or not he's supposed to be is a different matter)
when he first went to the vets he went from his usual weight to being able to see his spine sticking out and fitting your hand round his tummy in a couple of days Sad
Beth
Beth
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:40 pm

So the only symptom is his poops? Try the hay & water for a week (Obviously if he starts loosing weight then stop it & get him seen straight away..), if that doesnt sort it I'd just pop him to the vets, see what they have to say X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks I'll try the hay and water Smile
Beth
Beth
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down