Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taken Off.

5 posters

Go down

Taken Off. Empty Taken Off.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Taken Off. Empty Re: Taken Off.

Post by Father Jack Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Why won't they take it back? If it's disinfected and returned in A1 condition 24 hours later I can't see why they would refuse to take it back. Maybe they won't give you a refund but they may offer an alternative like credit note.
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Dotty and Cleo were actually only in the bottom part overnight so the top part wasn't used. The store agree that it is a Chinchilla cage when Mike went back this morning and bought another cage off them. The manageress said they are going to make proper signs which I am glad about. I personally would have known straight away it wasn't a rabbit cage but Mike thought with it being in the rabbit part it was and that it would be ideal for the girls. They did love the shelves and he has bought what look's like another Chinchilla cage but it isn't a double one and they will love the shelves in it but Mike is going to alter the door on it as it's small.

The manageress was sorry but she said they wouldn't be able to sell it as it's policy. Mike explained that the buns had only been in it since last night and were taken out this morning but she said no but she did say leave your details and she will have a word with the boss on Monday but she said I doubt he will take it back.

So it's cost us another £90 today for another indoor cage as the girls are bigger now and need one.

So I am trying to sell it, it's about right for us as nothing goes right No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:14 pm

I think you might have a case for it being mis-sold to you, even if nobody actually said it was a rabbit cage, it being in the rabbit section would be enough.

It depends how much of a fuss you would want to kick up in the store. At times like this you need Humum Twisted Evil 

I hope you manage to get most of your money back on it anyway Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:19 pm

Sparky wrote:I think you might have a case for it being mis-sold to you, even if nobody actually said it was a rabbit cage, it being in the rabbit section would be enough.

It depends how much of a fuss you would want to kick up in the store. At times like this you need Humum Twisted Evil 

I hope you manage to get most of your money back on it anyway Hugs
Mike said it's his fault and he takes the blame . He should have known really that it wasn't a rabbit cage. No 

You never know the boss may let us have a refund yet Hmmm 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Well the fact that Mike went and bought another cage from the store today must prove that a refund gesture would be worthwhile from the Store's point of view.....
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Could you not seperate this into two seperate indoor cages? like not stacked on each other?

It may be advertised for chinchillas but it really bad for them to have anything plastic.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Amelia66 wrote:Could you not seperate this into two seperate indoor cages? like not stacked on each other?

It may be advertised for chinchillas but it really bad for them to have anything plastic.
I have actually changed the title of this thread to Animal cage now and not Chinchilla although I have seen lots of plastic based indoor cages for Chinchillas Sad No 

I have had so much stick because I put Chinchilla I am absolutley fed up, I have been told it's not even good enough for rats. So I have put animal cage, it's huge, well made and not suitable for rabbits due to the narrow ramps and hole to the top level.

No I can't split them up else I would have done that but one of the levels would have had no top, we did think about that.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:26 pm

That sucks hun. The store still should not have had it in the rabbit section it is misleading and why are you getting stick for sayng chinchilla? I know it is not suitable for chins but that is in fact what the store is supposedly selling it at but in the worng section. I feel bad for you and Mike and you got a **** deal there hun.

I would not have got another from there though if they cannot at least even part refund it, hope you sell it as that is a lot of money.

Hugs 

BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 pm

BugsBunny wrote:That sucks hun. The store still should not have had it in the rabbit section it is misleading and why are you getting stick for sayng chinchilla? I know it is not suitable for chins but that is in fact what the store is supposedly selling it at but in the worng section. I feel bad for you and Mike and you got a **** deal there hun.

I would not have got another from there though if they cannot at least even part refund it, hope you sell it as that is a lot of money.

Hugs 

I'm getting stick because people say it's not a chinchilla cage or rat cage and it's not suitable for rabbits, the store advertised it as a small animal cage and Mike should have known better than to buy it ,  I have seen Chinchilla cages very similar ( below )

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/chinchilla_cages/?gclid=CIiT1LuHzrkCFdTItAodmScATw

The store did take our details as Mike told them we rescue rabbits well take in the ones rescues can't rehome due to dentals and behaviour problems.
They said they would see their Boss on Monday about a refund but they didn't think he would due to having rabbits in it overnight.

So will see what Monday brings, for the size and quality it is a great price at £90.

Mike just told me to take it off the forum so I have.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:53 pm

I dont know why you would get stick, if you dont have chinchillias especially then you wouldnt know. some chinchillas do start off living in plastic homes but they chew like crazy and they would get wrecked plus make you worry they may have eaten some of it.

Iam glad that they have said they will try to refund you as it is their mistake and you deserve your money back.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:07 pm

I hope you do get the refund though maysie if not I am sure you will sell it with the size and it being decent for whatever animal you advertise it for thatis is suitable for. I can see why you would call it a chinchilla cage as it does look so similar but that is an honest mistake to make. Also I am pretty sure I have seen chins being sold in plastic ones in the past at pet shops which should not be allowed if they should not be in plastic cages.  I did not know that about them either , learn someting new every day.

I do not think peole giving you stick is nice though, informing you and correcting you just letting you know ye but nobody should get stick ofr not knowing. I did not know either hun.

Goos luck with the refund or selling of it Maysie.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Not heard anything about a refund from the store so I guess that's that.

We shall not use them again that's for sure Sad 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum