Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Run?????

4 posters

Go down

New Run????? Empty New Run?????

Post by Milly_Molly2 Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:47 pm

Hiya

I'm considering whether to get the girls a new and bigger run for christmas. Their current run is 5ft x 5ft x 2ft. I was thinking of getting a 7ft x 7ft x 3/4ft. I would like to be able to sit in it to be around the girls more as I can't do that at the minute. And also, I was thinking of putting plastic on all the sides of the run so that the inside stays completely dry when it's raining. Is this a good idea? Is there anyway I could make that a reality? Does anyone know anyone who makes runs this big? How much would a good, sturdy run this size run cost roughly?
Milly_Molly2
Milly_Molly2
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

New Run????? Empty Re: New Run?????

Post by Becki Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Well to be honest I'd definately have a look at having a run made by someone, cos I dont think any from pet shops or even online sites seem that brilliant. As for keeping them dry, have you seen the guy on ebay that makes hutch/run covers? They look ace X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Milly_Molly2 Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 pm

I've sent an email to the guy who makes the run covers. Thanks. The pet shops ones are rubbish, so I'm hoping someone on here could direct me to someone who makes good runs.
Milly_Molly2
Milly_Molly2
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Milly_Molly2 Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:21 pm

I've found out that I can't afford a bigger run AND a custom built rain cover. I could afford a bigger run, and made my own rain cover. Do the girls NEED a bigger run? Is their 5ft run big enough?
Milly_Molly2
Milly_Molly2
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:26 pm

hiya - when you can afford it I would try and get someone to help you make one. My boyfirend and I made a huge one for Barney and Nettle. and didn't cost that much and was LOADs cheaper than if had bought one the same.
Re: plastic on the sides I wouldn't plastic all sides as then in the summer it would be like sitting in a green house which could be dangerous and also the wind and stuff would be blocked out and i think half of what they enjoy about being outside is watching what is going on, feeling the breeze etc as well as hopping about and eating grass.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Milly_Molly2 Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:29 pm

Thanks racheld69. I wanted a rain cover for the run because in the winter, the run will be on hay (on concrete) so I don't want the hay to get wet on the sides, as I would have to change it constantly, which I couldn't afford. I think the cover can be lifted up when it's not raining, so they would get the wind etc going into the run.
Milly_Molly2
Milly_Molly2
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 am

I'm in the process of having my runs redone and attaching to the hutch so they can have permanent access.
Mine will have corrugated plastic cover on the top and one side, the other side is against the fence and the end is sheltered so the rain won't be able to get in.
It will be transparent so they can see out and in the summer (if we get one next year) I will remove the side cover and somehow shade the top.
Can you put the run against a wall/fence so you don't have to cover that side?
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: