Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun packing to move with Dougal

+3
FluffSlave
c.bolduan
BugsBunny
7 posters

Go down

Fun packing to move with Dougal Empty Fun packing to move with Dougal

Post by BugsBunny Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:50 pm

So as you all know we are moving on the 26th of this month, just less than 2 weeks now  Happy Dance Happy Dance . Although the packing part and getting rid of all the **** we have accumulated over 6 years and from what we have brought with us from living with our parents, there is sooooo much of it and I am exhausted. Good news is , the house is mostly in boxes now apart from kitchen stuff and clothes and things. Thanks to my mum who spent the whole weekend packing with me and she did most of the work yesterday when we where signing our tenancy agreement  Happy Dance Happy Dance .

When I got back my mum shouts form upstairs " jade, can you come and sort your rabbit out" she laughed as she said this. I asked her what he was doing and had a goo idea, he was going behind the tv where all the wires are hidden from is bunny teeth and as she was emptying the tv stand , he was going behind it. Every time she blocked him off one way he found another, he kept finding ways and going back on the shelves to the back of the tv  Laughing Laughing ROFL ROFL ROFL . He is just so funny when you move anything or clean. I said to her " welcome to my world hugran".

She told me that he had been doing this and also he had been putting things back of his when she moved them, so she kept having to move them back out the way and he would then place them back where he wanted them  Laughing Laughing Laughing . I wish she had filmed this, this is what he is like when trying to clean around him, he attacks the shovel and brush and things that G tech is a toy and just sits infront of it when trying to hoover or jumps on it, or bites its wheels. He jumps on the shovel and eats the dirty hay on it and kicks it back off and all sorts, takes me hours as he is just a loon and thinks cleaning is a game and when I move something he goes mad , when it is something of his. He just cracks you up though and he had my mum laughing her head off too, she loves him to bits and he adores my mum, he licked her foot too when she did not expect it and made her jump, bless him  Laughing .

2 days ago i moved something from the side of the wardrobe and he does not miss a thing, not matter how big or small he notices it gone, he saw this and started going down the side of it. I pulled him out and said Dougal No and he kept going back to it, then the morning after he was crashing around the room to wake me up and was making noise, I heard him, he was down the side of the wardrobe about to squeeze down the back of it  ROFL ROFL . He is a muppet at times and so funny but he is not a majorly norty bun, he just has odd moments like this then he is fine.

This morning he picked up one of his little boats and dragged it up side of the box to near the top but could not quite reach the top, I realized he was trying to pack his boat up i the box as he has been watching me and my mum empty the bedroom etc into the boxes, he is is clever and he is awesome, makes me laugh every day.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Fun packing to move with Dougal Empty Re: Fun packing to move with Dougal

Post by c.bolduan Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Give him a box and see what he will pack into it, unless it is getting chewed to bits? Laughing Laughing Love 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 pm

c.bolduan wrote:Give him a box and see what he will pack into it, unless it is getting chewed to bits? Laughing Laughing Love 

I will when we do some more hun, he probably will chuck stuff in it with me  Laughing .
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh Dougal! Laughing

He sounds like a real character Love

My two are a nightmare when cleaning out too. I have learnt to shut them in the garden when I need to get anything majorly sorted or cleaned in the animal room otherwise it takes hours and is totally non-productive Rolling Eyes
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:50 pm

I love packing with buns - they really do get quite brazenly norty. And every box you pack will end up with chew marks in them.

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:53 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I love packing with buns - they really do get quite brazenly norty. And every box you pack will end up with chew marks in them.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  They do indeed get norty.

Dougal has not touched the packed boxes though funnily enough but he keeps trying to get under the wardrobe since he saw me emptying it the other day, he is trying now as we speak, little monkey. He is relentless with it today  Laughing Laughing Laughing . I think in his own way he wants to help. I will give him a box when we do the last stuff the day before and see what he does. He is stropping because I have just stopped him at the wardrobe. Getting the death stare.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Hahahahahahaha that's brilliant!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Bless him.

The packing is the easy bit, wait until you have to unpack it all! Wink I bet Dougal is nowhere to be seen when he comes to the hard part, unless of course he gets to play with the empty boxes! Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:55 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Bless him.

The packing is the easy bit, wait until you have to unpack it all! Wink I bet Dougal is nowhere to be seen when he comes to the hard part, unless of course he gets to play with the empty boxes! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing  I know hun, I have moved enough times over the years, it is a pain in the butt. The most annoying thing to me atm, even more so than packing, is changing the address and stuff over with housing allowance and stuff, it is a huge pain and the other stuff like that. Trying to get bills finalized etc and making sure we get them all changed over and remember all we need to change etc too. I am tired of packing though but only because of the **** we seem to find and think, why have we kept this and this... etc  Laughing Laughing Laughing . living us a good needed clear out anyway, skipping a lot of the stuff that is no good to anyone and been giving the movers a lot for their charity shop and their car boots they do now and again. At least they tip it all for you on the day and they are brilliant, normally we do everything ourselves, no way this time, no way can we really as my older brother will be working and it is not nice asking everyone that works all week either to do it, mostly its because of Stes health, he cannot do things like this anymore, it was bad enough before. I can't cope the same, got a bad back and stuff so easiest to get movers to shift it.

I bet when we are un packing, dougal will be getting up to mischief exploring his new surroundings, making sure the wallpaper gets some protection as soon as possible too  Laughing .
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:59 pm

BugsBunny wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Bless him.

Laughing Laughing Laughing   I know hun, I have moved enough times over the years, it is a pain in the butt. The most annoying thing to me atm, even more so than packing, is changing the address and stuff over with housing allowance and stuff, it is a huge pain and the other stuff like that. Trying to get bills finalized etc and making sure we get them all changed over and remember all we need to change etc too. I am tired of packing though but only because of the **** we seem to find and think, why have we kept this and this... etc  Laughing Laughing Laughing . living us a good needed clear out anyway, skipping a lot of the stuff that is no good to anyone and been giving the movers a lot for their charity shop and their car boots they do now and again. At least they tip it all for you on the day and they are brilliant, normally we do everything ourselves, no way this time, no way can we really as my older brother will be working and it is not nice asking everyone that works all week either to do it, mostly its because of Stes health, he cannot do things like this anymore, it was bad enough before. I can't cope the same, got a bad back and stuff so easiest to get movers to shift it.

I bet when we are un packing, dougal will be getting up to mischief exploring his new surroundings, making sure the wallpaper gets some protection as soon as possible too  Laughing .

Oh God, I hate that part too! Ive done most of mine now, and thankfully Mum does the worst of it, but its a real pain. You feel in limbo until all that stuff is sorted.

I know what you mean, a big reason Mum bought this house was because of my health and what might happen in the future. I felt really bad for not being able to help Mum with the physical side of moving. I did a bit, but I get a bad back, partly due to the years i spent riding, but its been made worse working at the vets. I was so tired yesterday, even though i hardly did anything, that Mum made me stay off work. Rolling Eyes Ill pay for it in the morning too, as ive been digging in the garden to make space for the buns setup! Rolling Eyes ... theyre worth it! Wink

Good luck with it all, I dont blame you for getting someone to do it for you, we did when we moved out, and they were great. Not so great when we moved in though, the young lad was there, but there was an old guy instead of his two mates and he almost passed out! Shocked
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:40 am

Thanks hun

I hope you are more straight with it all now too.

Oh dear, the guy almost passing out does not sounds good. We cannot do it ourselves now, it is too hard work on both of us but still doing a lot and working hard otherwise. I just want to get it done now.

I did the mail redirect online and Ste managed to do the housing allowance, well the filling in the change of address form part, we still have to take the agreement down to them. I am going to get it down the Monday once we are in, then it is all done, or might take it Friday as it is only the day before. We have to go and change address at the bank Friday anyway next week before we move in. I am now trying to remember any online stores etc to change address on as we will not be ordering anything for a bit, so may as well get that done, just done some.

We are exhausted too, glad you got a day off, even though you where digging the garden.

I have had to ask stes mum and everyone to give us some time to get straight, 3 weeks then we can settle and rest too, before we show them the house and have people over properly, cannot be doing with visitors getting in the way and stuff, drives me nuts and just too tired for it. As it is me who does the brews and tea etc, although I will not be making anyones teas for a bit bar ours either due to costs and me not being bothered to with being tired.

Still got so much to do and try and make sure we do not leave anything important from post etc, trouble is some of my post, not much, still comes in my old last name and I have not put it down for redirect as it would mean another £25, so trying to think of what is in that name too lol. I hate moving but love it once in of course, well worth it, I cannot wait to get away form this noisy street.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:20 pm

I bet you can't, I am so very pleased for you. When we have moved inthe past the pets especially bunnies have always wanted to join in. If we had to move again though I would be worried because my health does not let me do much manual work and most of it would be left to Paul. I would pay someone else to do the packing but I believe it costs a lot of money, just not to have that hassle though. Good luck love, we are all with you.

Hugs
Jo xxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:59 am

You can get them to do the packing too but ye I think it costs a lot more. It costs enough for the moving, but saying that , they do a great job and do not take long as my parents and my aunt have used them before. They are lovely too and another great thing is they skip all yer **** too for you, I do not have to hassle my dad and go skipping stuff with him. I have also been giving a lot of unwanted things to them for their shop too so it is great. Saves even more hassle and time. We have moved enough times over the 30 years of my life and every time we have done it all ourselves, I cannot do it again, it is too hard, too much time and a pain. It is much easier this way. I can't wait. Still a ton to to though getting it all packed and ready, changing stuff over etc etc. I am exhausted.

I hope you do not have to move again Jo. I am looking forward to seeing Dougal in the new house, seeing how he reacts and what he does whilst we unpack  Laughing Laughing Laughing . He is such a good rabbit though, I cannot get over it, he does not chew and destroy stuff, it is just the wallpaper now and again.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:18 am

Them packing?!? Shocked 
It is not only the cost of it, but I would freak because I wouldn't know what is where and what to unpack first.
Yes moving is always a stress but you can look forward to a nice home with I hope lovely neighbours around and that will be well worth the hassle.
Sending Strenght and keep you nerves vibes and some cuddles with a cup of tea too.  Hugs Very Happy 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:24 pm

c.bolduan wrote:Them packing?!? Shocked 
It is not only the cost of it, but I would freak because I wouldn't know what is where and what to unpack first.
Yes moving is always a stress but you can look forward to a nice home with I hope lovely neighbours around and that will be well worth the hassle.
Sending Strenght and keep you nerves vibes and some cuddles with a cup of tea too.  Hugs Very Happy 

Awwww thanks sweetie. Much appreciated, I am fine, just very tired from it all and yes , exactly I said that to my cousin when she asked why I did not get them to pack it up. I responded because I am not lazy lol and most importantly I like to know where things are too, in which boxes and you cannot get rid of stuff you no longer need as you go along then too if they do it. I would much prefer to do it myself, very tiring but worth it.

I know, I am so excited about it and laugh my booty off at the neighbors stupidity now, they no longer bother me, only have 1 week left of the fools from tomorrow so they can go ahead and do as they please.

Oh thanks, that was a good cuppa hun  Laughing .

Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:26 pm

I loved packing to move here ( although now had I known how things were going to go we would have found somewhere in Lancashire ) but I was so excited and loved finding places for everything I remember thinking how quiet it was and I felt like I was in a hotel on holiday  Smile 

I bet you are counting the days arn't you Jade  Very Happy  xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:07 pm

You are right CB love, you wouldn't know where everything was. However I think I would still do it if I had to move again assuming of course we could afford it, I have heard it is quite a tidy sum.

I am so pleased for you BugsBunny love, you can now look forward to a nice quiet life.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I loved packing to move here ( although now had I known how things were going to go we would have found somewhere in Lancashire ) but I was so excited and loved finding places for everything I remember thinking how quiet it was and I felt like I was in a hotel on holiday  Smile 

I bet you are counting the days arn't you Jade  Very Happy  xxx

I am indeed, I said to Ste today, 6 full days and on the 7th we move in, then said 5.5 days now hun later in the day  Laughing Laughing .

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance  This will be me in the new house on the day. Gooooodbyeeeee morons on this street  Wave Wave Wave .

Thanks Jo hun too and CB.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content