Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The dont try this at home hayrack!

3 posters

Go down

The dont try this at home hayrack! Empty The dont try this at home hayrack!

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:35 am

Laughing

Well, what a brainless twonk I can be!! Im sure weve all had the hayrack issue. Buns eat tons of hay, but so much gets wasted with it just in their trays. No perfect hayracks, everything is too small, not safe, bunny pees in them, or needs adjustments. Well I came up with one. I did have a perfectly fine one, until Effie came alone and did somersaults out of it. Funny to see, but I thought she might break her neck next time! I had a 10 litre storage tub, that was like a bucket with a handle, and had an airtight lid. I thought Id cut a hole in that and make a bunny proof one.

You know those candle lighters? They have buttons that you push to ignite the gas, some are quite high powered, like diddy blow torches? I thought it would be a good idea to melt my hole in to it, to soften it before cutting with a stanley knife. Id seen it done on home made hamster cages, so why not!? ...Well first mistake, I started it in my bedroom. Thankfully, I stopped to think for a second and moved outside.

It was going great, until it ignited. The fire got bigger and bigger. Threw a wet cloth over it. ....cloth set on fire!

1 bucket of water. Ignited again. Another bucket of water sorted it. ...then i realised id been sat under the outdoor tap the whole time, and could have just turned it on. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, nobody was hurt. Laughing The resulting hayrack was a bit charred, and had a very irregular hole, but with a bit of sanding, and cleaning, it did the job, and the bunnies actually like it. Dont try this at home! Shocked

The dont try this at home hayrack! Smoking%20hot%20hayrack_zpsk4gfvor5
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

The dont try this at home hayrack! Empty Re: The dont try this at home hayrack!

Post by Sixer Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:43 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Would a stanley knife have been less dangerous? Maybe not Laughing

That is a good idea though.

Oh - I have that handbrush Smile and is the pink cube from Poundstretcher. Jade and I were talking about these last week - Sparky had sent one for Arabella but Jade wasn't sure which pound shop it came from. Chris is going into Bolton tomorrow - I can send him to the correct pound shop!
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Sixer wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Would a stanley knife have been less dangerous? Maybe not  Laughing

That is a good idea though.

Oh - I have that handbrush Smile and is the pink cube from Poundstretcher. Jade and I were talking about these last week - Sparky had sent one for Arabella but Jade wasn't sure which pound shop it came from. Chris is going into Bolton tomorrow - I can send him to the correct pound shop!

Yes, its from Poundstretcher Thumbs Up As for the brush, call me weird, but Im very particular about them. I wont use it for the run, because I dont want to ruin it, its got nice bristles, and is a good one! Embarassed Laughing Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 pm

I posted in your other thread - I have those mats too!
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Oh sweetie, I am glad you are OK, fire terrifies me.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down