Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been conducting another experiment!

2 posters

Go down

I've been conducting another experiment! Empty I've been conducting another experiment!

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Hay consumption most definitely plummets when there's a carrot cottage in the house!

They've been without one since last weekend and they are eating much more hay.

What's that all about?! Laughing It's not even in their pen with them scratch

I can only imagine they are tiring themselves out with it in the evening and sleeping most of the time in their pen. Of it's actually filling them up!

So, carrot cottages are off the menu!

Let the carpet chewing carry on then Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

I've been conducting another experiment! Empty Re: I've been conducting another experiment!

Post by woodwench Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:20 pm

I think they will be ingesting enough of the CC to fill up the corners and so knock hay off the menu. I only let Henners have access to a CC once a week (it alternates weekly with his digging box) and I do this in an attempt to keep him noshing hay. He is really good where hay is concerned, though he started losing interest when the wild forage appeared so now I only pick a little of that and he is upping his hay intake.
What annoys me though is how he has swapped his favourite hay (oat,wheat & barley) for meadow hay and it has to be Deans. It was a matter of trial and error to discover this ... I had been offering a selection of all five of his regular hay with a bias on OW & B and it took a couple of weeks to discover it was MH that he was into.
They are such fickle cratures!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down