Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Education - Photos of litter tray setups and enrichment

4 posters

Go down

Education - Photos of litter tray setups and enrichment Empty Education - Photos of litter tray setups and enrichment

Post by Pipstrel Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi guys,

I am attempting to do some educating in regards to rabbit set ups particularly where they have litter trays and also enrichment that isn't necessarily expensive but is fun for the buns. It is indoor set ups I'm looking at in particular but any ideas would be much appreciated. If you have any photos you wouldn't mind sharing with me that would be great.
On a side note, if anyone has any photos of groups rather than just pairs or pairs where the buns are very different in size they would be great too.

Thank you very much

Helen x

Pipstrel
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Education - Photos of litter tray setups and enrichment Empty Re: Education - Photos of litter tray setups and enrichment

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Holly doesn't have a set up as such hunny because she has the run of the house.  She has toys but rarely bothers with them.  I am trying to think if I have any photos which would help.  Good luck Very Happy

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Education - Photos of litter tray setups and enrichment Empty Re: Education - Photos of litter tray setups and enrichment

Post by woodwench Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Yes, like Jo's bun Henry is a free roamer, never caged. He finds plenty to get his twitcher stuck into and generally ignores toys and anything I set out for him. He prefers to get into cupboards, and drawers to if possible, and stuff like my fire making things are a big attraction in winter, I find sticks and paper strewn everywhere. He just enjoys being a nosey rat-bag!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by cats444444 Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Mine indoor buns have a half room pen (its not fully set up yet because they are bonding) but i hope it will be full size by next week i could take you photo s of that if you like? They are in there til 7ish then out til whenever we go to bed and back in. We have 5 young children so sadly its not feasible for them to be 24hr house bunnies. Enrichment is always cheap and cheerful here, newspaper tunnels, stuffed toilet rolls, stuffed boxes for them to rip to bits, and children's footballs. I hope to make some sort of soil box soon for them to dig. I also have two outdoor buns with a mansion that consists of two runs and two hutches all connected. We are on with designing a shed/run combo for them instead though as we decided it would be more spacious and i can sit with them then x

cats444444
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by cats444444 Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:58 pm

Also my indoor bunnies are a tiny white bun and a conti giant, hes only 5 months old though but you can see by my bonding photos theres already a size difference. Oakey loves to groom anything and anyone though so I think she just thinks *yey more to groom!" x

cats444444
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down