Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day

5 posters

Go down

Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day  Empty Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day  5822CA18-5CB5-4614-AFC3-27254868921D_zpsokzuccv5

So proud of him Love
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day  Empty Re: Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Well that didn't work!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day  Empty Re: Look who was lounging on my sofa the other day

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Well that didn't work!

Something wrong with the link, even putting it direct into the browser isn't working "https://2img.net/i/fa/pbucket.gif"
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 pm

I've done some digging and photobucket have done a ****** thing Mad

They're no longer free. They want $400 a year for you to use their site! Not only have they stopped you using it for future posts, they've removed all historic links too! All my pics on here are gone!

I noticed my signature image had gone a few weeks ago but never thought anything of it at the time.

I've checked a few other profiles on here and all photobucket images are gone. Katie's signature is gone too, just as an example.

There are some very angry people on fb and twitter. One that sticks in my mind is a blogger who had 7 years worth of images hosted on photobucket! Her blog is wrecked!

Absolute idiots. Business suicide imo!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Never used Photobucket. I think the "bucket" part of the name put me off..... I didn't want to put my photos in a bucket even if it wasn't an actual bucket.
All my digital photos (yes I bought a digital camera just before Henry died) are kept on the card, my laptop and a memory stick. Some I've had printed. I won't use things like PB or Cloud etc. and be at the mercy of someones whim. Sorry you lost photos, it's no joke and Photbucket shouldn't do that without warning. I bet they will be sued!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Thankfully I didn't actually lose anything Smile

I, like you, do not trust anyone to keep my pictures and videos safe. I have them all on a hard drive, which I also have a back up of Laughing

I just used PB as a host, so I could post images here. The links are all gone but I still have all my images Smile

Unlike some of the angry and upset people on fb and twitter who have lost their entire collections Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 pm

I wish we could upload all photo's direct from our PC's to HH like we can our avatars. I'm on other sites where it can be done and it's so easy. I have so many shots of Reboot now and would love to post them here.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:56 pm

I know! It would be so much easier.

How is he getting on?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Oh, he's a star.
Since working with Anne McBride's help we are doing great things. He now comes to his name. Sits. Goes to my left or right side when I direct "Bootsie L or R." Comes to sit in front of me when told "Bootsie come front.". If I say only "Left" he goes round behind me from my right to my left and vice versa when I say" Right". He also puts his chin on the floor when I tell him "Down". He will pick out whichever treat I tell him from a line of 3 (a grape, a fenugreek or a square of toast). He knows "Leave", "Out", "Ball", "Bedtime", "Breakfast" and he will binky and prance around when I tell him, "Rock da Rabbit!".
He is really something else and very clever but because of that he is very demanding and mornings are Reboot Time.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I've done some digging and photobucket have done a ****** thing Mad

They're no longer free. They want $400 a year for you to use their site! Not only have they stopped you using it for future posts, they've removed all historic links too! All my pics on here are gone!

Just checked, same here Sad

I was using photobucket because i used to just link to facebook but they kept changing the links Sad

I do use flickr as well but not for snaps and I don't really want to start using it for that.... what else do people use?
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:45 pm

I have never like Photobucket and got into a dreadful muddle when I used it and it rather put me off. $400 dollars, that is daylight robbery.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Is that $400 per person to use Pbucket to put photos on all the sites they wish or is it paid by the individual site. I mean if HH was to pay $400 dollars would all its visitors get to use Pbucket as before for free?
Whatever it is it sucks and I think they may well have shot themselves in the foot.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:14 am

Well said, Woodwench love. Very Happy

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:38 pm

That is pretty poor, like woodwench has said they have shot thwmsepves in the foot.
Is that the page that uploads to here when you first sign up to HH?
When i signed up i was automatically signes into a photo thing !!!!

Gemma xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:54 pm

No, I don't think so.
Photobucket is a site(?) to up load to, and store your photos; and you go on pbucket to access them and download onto sites like HH.
That's about as much as I know. Or want to know!

Last edited by woodwench on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:35 am

It would be so much easier if we could just post pics from our computers, why can't life be that simple?

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am

Oh... Thumper, was it Noah or Junior who was lounging on the sofa? Or, maybe, the old man?
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 am

Laughing

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:43 pm

It must be $400 per user going by the tone of the discussions on social media. If it was per platform then I'm sure forumotion would pay for it, which would cover HH.

I think the one Gemma is talking about would be servimg. I got an email a while back saying an account had been created for me because I'm a member here.

I guess that would be the logical option to use if it's what forumotion are recommending. Not sure I'm chuffed that they've managed to set up an account without my approval tho Hmmm I'm going to check them out Smile

It was Junior lounging on my sofa Love
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:09 am

Sorry love, I am a bit confused. I hope HH isn't coming to an end.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:30 pm

No, no. Not HH coming to an end. Just an image hosting site crippling their business Rolling Eyes

Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 am

Oh dear sweetie, I am still confused though. Sorry to be so stupid.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down