Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dougal

3 posters

Go down

Dougal Empty Dougal

Post by icedancer Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:04 pm

I’m not sure if there’s anyone left on here who remembers me, but if there is, three weeks ago I had to make the horrible decision to have Dougal put to sleep

I miss him so much. So does Florence. He was 10 or 11 so a good age, but I’ve never known grief like it

Dougal 8cb36b10
Dougal 87705b10
Dougal 6f317c10
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Dougal Empty Re: Dougal

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:43 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, RIP Dougal Crying or Very sad Hugs
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:54 pm

I’m so sad he’s gone Crying or Very sad

What a fabulous age he got to, but it doesn’t make it any easier.

Sleep well Dougal xx
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:59 pm

It’s been 6.5 weeks Dougal, and I miss you so so much. 9th June at around 3:30pm was when your heart stopped and mine was broken. The vet had taken you out of the room then back in again, then left you with us while she got a couple of bits. I looked at my watch, it was 3:25pm, hubby asked why I looked and I couldn’t say that it was because I wanted to know the time you went.

You were such a big character, a cuddly monster who was daft and soppy. I miss going out to feed you both and giving you a nose rub. I miss looking out of the kitchen door and seeing you looking up wanting noms. You were the greediest bunny, but it’s when I knew you’d started to have enough, you weren’t enjoying your food like before. In the end the decision was taken out of my hands because you lost the use of your back legs. Between phoning the vet to make the appointment, and taking you, you hadn’t moved from the place you were, confirming that I’d made the right decision. But it’s been so hard, picking up your ashes was also one of the hardest things I’ve done. I went in trying to hold it together but I must’ve spoken quietly because the receptionist didn’t hear what I said, so I had to repeat it. Carrying that box out of the vet nearly killed me. I went in a week before with a bunny and came out with a box so small it didn’t seem possible you were in it.

Florence is fine, she’s living in the bathroom now. It’s the only non-dog location. She’s got a little house but freeroams, running over honking at me. She’s still refusing to kiss me. She did all the time before you came along but now she just won’t.

Miss you so much Doogs, the amount of photos of you which are coming up on FB memories are all making me teary. I wish I could’ve had you hear for just a bit longer
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs

I wish I had some magic words to take your pain away. They really do break your heart.

I hope you’ve found Thumper and Junior, Doog. If you have, give them a kiss from me x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:57 am

I had to take one of the dogs to the vet the other day, to the vet who saw me with Dougal. Angel didn’t want to go into her room, it was like she knew.

The vet asked how Florence was doing, which I thought was lovely. It must be tough for the vets too when it’s that procedure they have to do.

The hutch-run combo went to the tip the other day. I still look out of the back door expecting to see him at the front. I miss him so much.

Love you always Doogie xx
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:50 pm

I can’t believe how few replies you’ve got to your thread Dougal. It would seem it’s still you and me against the world. I just want everyone to know you’re no longer here, you were so popular on here.

Every day I miss you more Dougal xx
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:07 pm

icedancer wrote:I can’t believe how few replies you’ve got to your thread Dougal. It would seem it’s still you and me against the world. I just want everyone to know you’re no longer here, you were so popular on here.

Every day I miss you more Dougal xx

People just don't really come here anymore Sad Hugs
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:52 pm

Gayle’s absolutely right. There are only 4 or 5 people who visit regularly. HH is another victim of social media!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down