Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-bonding - update & question

5 posters

Go down

Re-bonding - update & question Empty Re-bonding - update & question

Post by Poppy Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:00 am

Hi

I’ve posted a few times regarding problems re-bonding my 2 rabbits. Following advice hormones do seem to be calmer now, originally the buns were going head to head to fight, growling & lunging this doesn’t happen very much now and there is a lot of mutual grooming but things still seem to kick off even after hours of them being together. Sad

Since the weekend the female has started running towards the male and either stamping or binkying right near him then running off, this usually makes him chase her and causes a bit of fur pulling, although it’s usually his fur that gets pulled. Rolling Eyes
Wondered if anybody has any idea what this means?
Is it a game?
Is it good or bad?
I swear sometimes she actually wants him to chase her.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

Poppy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re-bonding - update & question Empty Re: Re-bonding - update & question

Post by fluffiebunnie Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:48 am

I am sorry I cannot help.... I failed bonding my two who ended up separated and then bonded "professionally" to two new partners.

Good luck and I hope someone can help x
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:04 pm

hiya - is going well! fur pulling is normal part of the bonding process so nothing to worry about.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:38 pm

Does the fur just get pulled out of the rabbit being chased or do they go at each other head to head? Is the fur pulled out during mounting or just running?
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppy Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 am

She runs until she reaches a wall then turns to face him (ears up tail out etc) they then either end up circling or the male backs off.
There is no mounting at all.
The fact she's running away is new this started after an 8 hour session on Sunday (couldn't do any longer) before this she was going head to head all the time.

The fur pulling is a bit of both, last night he pulled a bit of hers out during chasing the night before she pulled his after they'd started circling. I do tend to stop the circling as they are so fast.

They both groom each other, he tends to lie head on with her and sometimes she nips his face or paws to make him move to the side of her.
They both still groom each other after this.

Any advice will really be appreciated.
Thanks

Poppy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:30 am

Sounds a bit of a love/hate relationship or maybe they are still sorting out who is top bunny. Interestingly, in our two more contented couples I would not say that there is a top bunny.

The fact that that your two are not locked together fighting is obviously a good sign and hopefully it will never come to that but I would guess that may be at the back of your mind.

Our Herbie and Hollie will have Herbie initiated spats and (being a worrier) I am always fearful it will lead to a major fight. I hate to see them circling as I think it could easily lead to this.

I am sorry I am not being much help, bunnies can be such a worry. Am sending calming vibes to yours.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down