Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting for my new bun! U/D - Thursday!!!!!

+8
coco
CheekyT&D
Kirsty&Lola
Happy Hoppers
Babybunnies4
Karina
Catsknickers
KathyT
12 posters

Go down

Waiting for my new bun! U/D - Thursday!!!!! Empty Waiting for my new bun! U/D - Thursday!!!!!

Post by KathyT Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:49 am

Hi all, Wave

As many of you know I lost Nibbler several months ago, and I've been on the waiting list with my local rescue for a neutered male to keep Tibbler company.On Sunday I met a lovely little 7 month old fawn lop who has arrived there and is being neutered today, so they're coming out to homecheck me on Monday cheers :luv:

He's a lovely little chap, very friendly but not madly keen on being handled (like Tibbs really). Typical story, bought from a local pet shop for a pair of eight-year old kids who lost interest after a few weeks. I can't wait to give him a new home and love him to bits!

Name suggestions would be very welcome, as would advice about the best way to introduce him to Tibbs.

Last edited by KathyT on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Waiting for my new bun! U/D - Thursday!!!!! Empty Re: Waiting for my new bun! U/D - Thursday!!!!!

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:04 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers New bun! Wooooo! well I would suggest that you put them together on neutral territory. I always find the bathroom a good place!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Waiting for my new bun! U/D - Thursday!!!!! Empty Re: Waiting for my new bun! U/D - Thursday!!!!!

Post by Karina Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Aww yay new bun!! I cant wait to see pics Very Happy

I can only agree with Charlotte about introducing them on neutral territory. Bathrooms are great places to do that, also if you are planning on housing them in your current buns house then its a good idea to scrub the house with white vinegar to get rid of any current smells Very Happy
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:11 am

Can't wait to see pics of your new man Very Happy
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:55 am

I'm really looking forward to pictures of your new baby boy. Any name idea's yet? Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:20 am

No, I'm really drawing a blank on this one....My little niece named Tibbler and Nibbler! HBWS

Apparently he was named Floppy by the kids, but has barely been handled at all and doesn't respond to that, so I can change it without feeling too guilty. Besides, he's too butch to be a Floppy. Laughing

Will the bathroom suggestion work given that they're outdoor bunnies?
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:50 am

ooooooooo new bunny!! can't wait for pics! good luck with the bonding Very Happy
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by CheekyT&D Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:35 pm

aww bet you are excited!!! Very Happy can't wait for piccies of the new arrival Very Happy how about errr scratch fibber sounds like nibbler/tibbler but not quite the same and starts with an f like floppy Laughing

CheekyT&D
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:34 pm

cheers cheers cheers yayy!!

looking forward to lots of piccies!
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:13 pm

KathyT wrote:No, I'm really drawing a blank on this one....My little niece named Tibbler and Nibbler! HBWS

Apparently he was named Floppy by the kids, but has barely been handled at all and doesn't respond to that, so I can change it without feeling too guilty. Besides, he's too butch to be a Floppy. Laughing

Will the bathroom suggestion work given that they're outdoor bunnies?

Get a picture up when he arrives and we'll throw some names at you but be warned I'm going through a mythological characters stage Embarassed

Providing nobun has been in the bathroom before it will be fine, they will probably need to spend at least 48 hours in there together (with mum supervising) before you can consider moving them back to the hutch and remember the hutch, equiptment, toys and run will need to be neutralised and re-arranged too so as to avoid territorial spats occuring.

Last edited by Sooz on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:45 pm

tibbler and tickles? Smile
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Siona Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 am

Dibbler. There's a character in the Terry Pratchett Discworld books called "cut me own throat Dibbler" He's a wheeler dealer type. A nice butch name for a butch bunny, and it'll rhyme too! Very Happy

Siona
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:36 am

ooh Dibbler is good!

I agree with the bathroom suggestion, it should avoid spats.

Can't wait to see photos, bless him Very Happy
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 am

I like Dibbler! BIG Terry Pratchett fan here.

Fiona from the rescue is coming to do a homecheck at about 10.30. I couldn't get the day off work but I was up a 5 am cleaning!!
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:38 am

Good luck with it and I hope we see photos soon Wave
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:54 pm

Well, the homecheck went pretty well - my hutch and run setup is fine, but they would prefer a larger run for them in the garden. I ordered one from zooplus the other day but it hasn't arrived yet. Mad

Anyhoo, litle whomever is only just neutered so he'd need to be separated from Tibbs for a few weeks anyway, and they're coming back next week to see the new run. Meanwhile, I'm off to find out where the flipping thing is!
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Yea! Officially fully approved, passed the homecheck, picking up bubny on Thursday - if I can wait that long! cheers cheers cheers
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers Yayy!! We demand to be inundated with photo's of the long awaited new arrival! Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:06 pm

Thursday?! Oh so long to wait!
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down