Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRUMPY (and a bit scary) bun!!

3 posters

Go down

GRUMPY (and a bit scary) bun!! Empty GRUMPY (and a bit scary) bun!!

Post by kitkatmoo Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm scared of my bun tonight!! Shocked

Last night he wouldn't come to me to be brought in, probably because he had been picked up twice already during the hutch clean out and just wasn't in the mood but seemed happy enough hopping around outside and eating his tea later so we left him to it.

Tonight we played silly billies again. Eventually, despite the growly huffy puffy noises he makes so well, we came inside for "nice cuddles." It's not unusual for him to growl when he's carried around but he's normally ok once he's in.

Not tonight! He growled when I put him down and thumped. I sorted his hutch out and left him with a carrot, normally calms him down a treat! He growled again when I returned and did so 3 or 4 times after I'd sat down, giving the sofa a good thump in between. Then he started towards me as if to chase me off! Sad

So I stood up and stroked his head to calm him down which he eventually did and we had nice strokes for a little while. Then it all started again. And so it went on about 3 times. I've put him back in his hutch now after a short 40 minutes of being chased round my own sofa. confused

He is now munching away at the carrot he showed so little interest in when he was inside.

Every time he went a bit mental he shook his head and gave his ears a good scratch. I had a look inside them and they look totally fine and smell fine too and he stopped once I put him back in.

Why has he suddenly decided he doesn't love me?!? I'm scared of getting him out tomorrow now. Do you think his ears are ok?
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

GRUMPY (and a bit scary) bun!! Empty Re: GRUMPY (and a bit scary) bun!!

Post by senatorvass Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 am

His ears are probably fine, it sounds like a posturing thing to me. I know its upsetting but rabbits are basically wild creatures and have mood swings of their own. My Stardust attacked me a while ago and the next day he was sweetness and light. Perhaps he was just in a grouchy mood. But I understand its hurtful for us.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Dont worry my lot get like this sometimes, especially Ralph!
Sometimes he asks to be picked up and cuddled and others he growls and grumbles and BITES to be away from me.
Luckily for me he is an old netherland so isnt too difficult to restrain when hes on a mad bender!
Your bun will probably be fine tomorrow, they just seem to have off days, just like us I suppose =]
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kitkatmoo Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks guys. You're totally right - overreacting bunny mumy alert!

Senatorvass - I'd totally forgotten about that - isn't it funny as soon as they're a little out of character we're on here worrying about them Rolling Eyes

He has been fine ever since, still likes to play chase the bun when it's coming in time but hasn't been as miserable, quite cte in fact. Hopefully that will be as odd as his spring behaviour gets!
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down