Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny awareness on GMTV this morning

5 posters

Go down

Bunny awareness on GMTV this morning Empty Bunny awareness on GMTV this morning

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:00 am

They are talking about bunnies today on GMTV. Basically talking about how misunderstood they are and how to care for them properly. It'll be repeated at approx. 8:35 this morning. And then I think it'll probably be on their website too. They have an interview with somebody that looks after rabbits, a rescuer I think (I came in half way through the interview) and show some gorgeous bunnies playing in a run. It's great that people are being educated Smile
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Bunny awareness on GMTV this morning Empty Re: Bunny awareness on GMTV this morning

Post by rallybunny Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:11 am

Brill, I'll switch the TV on. Smile
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Bunny awareness on GMTV this morning Empty Re: Bunny awareness on GMTV this morning

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 am

They just said 8:50 now, they're never very exact with their time! But best tune in 5 mins early just in case:)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:20 am

oh wow thats great!! I will try to watch!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:43 am

Euk - just sat through Anthea Turner pale
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:44 am

Laughing Laughing I know! The things we put ourselves through for our bunnies! Laughing
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:55 am

Awww poor bunny being held by that GMTV guy. Obviously hated to be held and was not too impressed when he tried to open bunny's mouth with his finger!
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:58 am

They should have spoke more about hutch life and how inappropriate it is. Though the food issue is probably more crucially important. (I mean the little dinky hutches and the poor rabbits that never get let out - not just hutches in general)

Do you think the GMTV guy in the studio was taking the mickey a bit about joking and saying "rats - no rabbits" etc? Seems like he thought it was more of a joke piece than an actual serious one, but that could just be me being picky.

The absolute main thing is that it is getting attention either way and will hopefully give someone a minutes pause. And hopefully stop tesco selling their value rabbit and guinea muesli! Mad Makes me angry each time I see it!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 am

The GMTV guy holding the bunny seemed to have good intentions, he was stroking it nicely and everything but he needed a quick lesson on how to hold it before airing I should think! And to not bother trying to show the teeth of a perfectly healthy rabbit anyway! They could have shown a pic of some of the long teeth we have seen on here from rabbits in rescue.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:01 am

Hm - that was a tad disappointing.

I was hoping for a lot more than just teeth problems Sad

Think that white bunny was moulting Laughing
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 am

They should have maybe showed some pics of unhealthy teeth. I think the guy holding bunny was more interested in staying in the shot holding an adorable bunny that he had tamed from the wild! Rather than a huge bunny trying to run to safety Laughing

Not sure about ben (gmtv guy) saying rats instead of rabbits. But to be hoenst, it did at times look as if people didn't take it seriously. There was an overuse, on the earlier one mainly but also the one you saw, of the word 'apparently'. 'Apparently, they need certain food'. 'Apparently they need a bigger hutch' etc etc.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 am

It is better than nothing but I too was hoping it would get more in depth. But perhaps another day on another show. At least they kept stressing muesli is no good. That is very important as the impulse buy rabbit will most likely be muesli fed.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 am

I completely agree Erin. Especially as it looks more attractive (bright and colourful I mean) it can make people believe it's naturally very good for rabbits. Which is not the case.

They could have done better and included a lot more but maybe they will put more on their website.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:07 am

I recorded it for Berties Channel _ They said they were going to do housing as well, but I didn't see it Sad
I thought the item was OK, and it was good to hear a vet rather than a reporter who doesn't know what they're talking about pontificating Laughing

That poor white bun, he didn't like that 1 bit Sad

I feed Bertie a tiny bit of Museli each night, 3- 4 bits. I get it from a wholesalers, and it's unusual that it's 14% Fibre, most of them are 6-10 % which is no good.

He is like a junkie though when you get it out to give him, leaps over nudging into my hand Rolling Eyes

Thanks Magoo Wink
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:19 am

No probs:)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down