Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Can't Believe it Big Bob in again......

+6
lopz
Happy Hoppers
Sixer
Catsknickers
biscuitblossom
DixieLuBun
10 posters

Go down

I Can't Believe it Big Bob in again...... Empty I Can't Believe it Big Bob in again......

Post by DixieLuBun Sat May 02, 2009 9:17 pm

Yes that is right he went back into the vets yesterday as I wasn't happy on Wednesday his stump started to leak a white puss. Vet put him on Baytril, but on Friday I wasn't happy as it started to smell even though not much puss around. I took him in and yes I was sent straight round to the main surgery where he was op'ed on. I couldn't post last night as I am numb I can't believe this is happening to my Bob.

He stayed in and was operated again this morning only for the Vet to inform me that he had an abscess that had been growing from the inside and was a lot bigger than it looked Crying or Very sad . He has had to have it washed out and all sorts of other things done to it, I can't remember exactly just I can get him home tomorrow as long as I daily inject him and check his drain. They didn't stitch him but put staples in, in-case they have to re-open next week. I don't know if my boy can cope with all this I know I can't, and having to put on a brave face in front of my kids is killing me.

I just want my Bob back and binkying round the house and garden like he did even without his leg. I love him so much and I'm scared off loosing him.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

I Can't Believe it Big Bob in again...... Empty Re: I Can't Believe it Big Bob in again......

Post by biscuitblossom Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 pm

All the vibes I can muster for the gorgeous Bob.xxx

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

I Can't Believe it Big Bob in again...... Empty Re: I Can't Believe it Big Bob in again......

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Poor Bun Crying or Very sad

Are the Vets getting a culture and sensitivities done to identify the specific bacteria involved and therefore the most appropriate antibiotic to prescribe ?

I hope that he will get through this latest ordeal, I am sure you must be so worried about him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun May 03, 2009 6:11 am

Oh Dawn I wish I was there to give you a big hug. Come on Bob, you gotta fight this infection. xxx Vibes xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun May 03, 2009 8:17 am

Poor Bob, he doesn't deserve this.

Am sending loads of vibes for your beautiful, brave, black boy and loads of hugs to you, Dawn xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Sun May 03, 2009 9:08 am

Thank you I can pick him up at about 11am I have his cage all ready with his mat. I just want my baby home.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun May 03, 2009 11:30 am

Poor Bob, he was doing so very well too. I can imagine that an abcess in such a wound would be problematic to clean because you can't leave it open but I wonder if a catheter or something could be placed (like a drain) that you could flush a suitable disinfectant solution in through. Hmmm

It's certainly worth getting a C&S test done, we put Mack onto potentially harmful Depocillin injections for no reason with his abcesses as after we got the C&S results back the bacteria (pseudomonas) was penicillin resistant. Pseudomonas is often a problem in wounds so I would speak to your vets about the possibility of testing the abcess.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Sun May 03, 2009 11:33 am

This is very sad. I know about abcesses now and it's no good at all.
I hope your baby is fine in a couple of days.
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Sun May 03, 2009 9:43 pm

He is home and went straight for his food the minute he got back into his cage. Have him at vets again Friday but will phone and ask them if they did C&S test. I must admit I was just so glad to see him I forgot to ask the nurse that bought him out. He has been very mobile and I was told I have to encourage the puss to exit the drainage hole in his stump. If I have any problems the vet told me no matter how small to take him straight to them. Which made me feel a little better.

But least I have my big boy home. Hugs
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun May 03, 2009 9:54 pm

So sorry that he's having problems with his leg. I hope that he makes a recovery. Vibes for him and hugs for you.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon May 04, 2009 3:47 am

I am so pleased that you have your big boy home. I have everything crossed here for Bob and wish I was home to give you a big cuddle. He has been such a brave, brave fighter through all of this. I know how much you love this guy. I saw how you instantle fell in love with him the moment that you laid eyes on him. He is A BIG, brave warrior xxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon May 04, 2009 10:02 am

I am so glad Bob is back home, everything is crossed here too for a rapid recovery xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am

only just seen this - glad he is looking well and sending lots of vibes.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon May 04, 2009 11:55 am

How is Bob today xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon May 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Any news?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Mon May 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Well he is eating even though not much but he is about to have his wound squeezed to help the puss out through the drain pale so I have called for help from my neighbour she is a two leg nurse and deals with abscesses in us people so has said she is more than happy to help with Big Bob. Yes he even has her wrapped round his big paw.

Bob has been getting lots of attention, hugs and bunny kisses. My boy is a fighter and I know I will fight with him all the way. Happy Dance

Thank you to everyone for the Vibes keep sending please I need my boy back out causing mayhem xxx
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 pm

DixieLuBun wrote:

Bob has been getting lots of attention, hugs and bunny kisses. My boy is a fighter and I know I will fight with him all the way. Happy Dance

Thank you to everyone for the Vibes keep sending please I need my boy back out causing mayhem xxx

Novel use of the dance emoticon as a boxer there Laughing

I'm pleased to hear he seems to be doing OK, abcesses are yucky things to deal with but you just do what you have to and soon it's second nature. Sending some more anti-infection (((vibes))). Hugs
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue May 05, 2009 3:42 am

More vibes for Bob xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue May 05, 2009 8:18 am

I hope your lovely boy continues to recover Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 am

Any news?, hope he is recovering well
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum