Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felix's 1st outing!

+3
Snowy
Rosie Rabbit
alex31702
7 posters

Go down

Felix's 1st outing! Empty Felix's 1st outing!

Post by alex31702 Wed May 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Just to let you all know, Felix is officially a little boy!! Not for long though.
Had our vet check him out today and they all fell in love with him. Was well worth taking him too as picked up a few valuable pointers from our vet!
Sad thing is I have booked him in for his first lot of jabs, just wondering if he will still be my friend after the next trip out!
Can anyone tell me is it normal for the buns to get 2 x Myxs jabs a year and the vet said he gets another 2 jabs seperate from the Myxs ones but cant remember what he said they were for????

I am now reading the 3rd rabbit book so that I can get to know hopefully everything to keep him happy. Hubby thinks I will read anything, and yes he would be right.

I was a little worried yesterday as he went out in his run and it started raining. After reading a couple of posts on here, and seeing how some of the other buns love the rain I thought I would leave him out but put a plastic cover on half of the cage and see what he does. Well its safe to say, he too loves being out in the rain! He kept running in and out from the cover and then took to playing with his ball in the rain. I brought him in and dried him off a little before he went off to bed for the night. Am now pestering hubby to get a move on and make his proper run so that he can come and go as he pleases.

Well thats all for today, still not got the pictures yet from my nephews girlfriend, hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for all the advice the other day xxxxx wishing everyone a nice warm weekend as the temps are set to go higher than this weekend!!!!!

Love Alex and Felix xxxxxx

alex31702
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Felix's 1st outing! Empty Re: Felix's 1st outing!

Post by Rosie Rabbit Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 am

Hi Alex,

Yes, it's recommended for buns to have a myxi jab every 6 months. The other vaccination they get is for VHD - Viral Haemorrhagic Disease. They only need this once a year though, and usually get it 2 weeks after one of the myxi jabs.

There's info on the vaccinations in the Rabbit Care section of the forum (under Rabbit Care Articles and Useful Links).

I used to have bunnies that would sit out in the rain too - they never seemed to mind getting wet! Laughing
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu May 28, 2009 7:39 am

I've got bunnies that sit out in the rain too!, it use to worry me at first but so long as they have somewhere to shelter if they need it then they will be fine.
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu May 28, 2009 8:59 am

Glad he's settling in well Alex, and that you've got him booked for jabe etc. He'll be fine with you I'm sure Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu May 28, 2009 11:18 am

Aw Alex, I am sure he will get over the trips to the vets. Well done you, sounds like you are doing a fantastic job with him Thumbs Up
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Thu May 28, 2009 11:20 am

Briony likes the rain but connie dosn't like getting her little paws wet Laughing
glad that felix is settling in ok
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu May 28, 2009 9:26 pm

Mine have an older carrier that they sit in if the rain gets too heavy, but generally they just go out in it and snow - they were out in minus 10 this winter in the snow. As long as they have somewhere to go if they want, it is fine. Their fur is designed to keep them really warm and it very thick once they are acclimatised.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum