Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rabbit obsessed women sent back to jail

5 posters

Go down

rabbit obsessed women sent back to jail Empty rabbit obsessed women sent back to jail

Post by senatorvass Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:32 am

WARNING

It seems this woman was obsessed with keeping rabbits but did not do a good job (that is putting it mildly). There is nothing graphic at all in the link but they do just mention that rabbits passed away. Just wanted to give you fair warning but I thought it was very much worth questioning here as it is such a strange story.

rabbit obsessed

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

rabbit obsessed women sent back to jail Empty Re: rabbit obsessed women sent back to jail

Post by Jay Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 am

It's awful isn't it Sad She seems to me to have an extreme versions of a hoarding problem that expresses itself through Rabbits. I've known many hoarders, and this is really the farest end of the scale. There's no difference in the mentality and thinking of someone like my ex SIL who covered every spare sqaure inch of the house with Beanie babies, and this woman, except that the reality of the two is very different, as one involves living beings.

There was a case not that long ago of a lady who lived alone and only permitted guests into one room in this huge rambling house. When she died, they found the remains of hunderds of animals, including a horse in her bedroom. She had a similar extreme problem.
I find it so bizarre but I don't think they are setting out to deliberately be cruel to the animals, there's something connecting in a different way in the minds, and the obsession and the need to have and not let go are the problem in cases like this. It's just very unfortunate that sometimes those obsessions involve animals.

I feel sorry for all of them really, it's tragic Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

rabbit obsessed women sent back to jail Empty Re: rabbit obsessed women sent back to jail

Post by buddabun Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:02 pm

It is desperately sad. I have heard many a story of people hoarding newspapers and the like. It's just tragic when it affects little furry lives like that.

Lets hope the rabbits rescued find loving homes.

PS I love the way the newspaper writes "several of them hopping free" like that's a weird thing. Admittedly in this particular situation it may well be but I wouldn't think twice about seeing a bunny hopping around someone's house! Charlie came and went as he pleased Laughing
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm

So sad
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:46 pm

I noticed the same thing about "several hopping free" I was thinking, gosh these reporters are hanging out in the wrong circles if they think that is newsworthy!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:53 am

Jay wrote:It's awful isn't it Sad She seems to me to have an extreme versions of a hoarding problem that expresses itself through Rabbits. I've known many hoarders, and this is really the farest end of the scale. There's no difference in the mentality and thinking of someone like my ex SIL who covered every spare sqaure inch of the house with Beanie babies, and this woman, except that the reality of the two is very different, as one involves living beings.

There was a case not that long ago of a lady who lived alone and only permitted guests into one room in this huge rambling house. When she died, they found the remains of hunderds of animals, including a horse in her bedroom. She had a similar extreme problem.
I find it so bizarre but I don't think they are setting out to deliberately be cruel to the animals, there's something connecting in a different way in the minds, and the obsession and the need to have and not let go are the problem in cases like this. It's just very unfortunate that sometimes those obsessions involve animals.

I feel sorry for all of them really, it's tragic Sad

Totally agree Jay, I remember the programme about the lady with the horse, it was very, very sad, but to 'collect' animals like that is surely a sign of a mental illness, I just feel so sorry for the bunnies Crying or Very sad
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down