Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloria's Nordic Adventure!

+5
ElleyMay
Catsknickers
Happy Hoppers
Becki
NickieM
9 posters

Go down

Gloria's Nordic Adventure! Empty Gloria's Nordic Adventure!

Post by NickieM Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Well OH calls Gloria a fat fluffy flump ......... but said fat fluffy flump has had the last laugh by managing to escape from the run three times. We just can't understand how she is doing it so she is now confined to barracks with her OH until the snow goes and I can get the compound strengthened. Probably with electric circuits, search light towers and dobermans.

She and Wolfie escaped on Thursday and had to be rounded up in the dark by OH and youngest son. We discovered it was because the snow in their compound was over 18 inches thick and they could jump the fence. On Saturday, I cleared around the fences so the height was back to normal and put extra bits on to bring the height up on some weak areas.

The buns were let out. Within two hours Gloria was out! I managed to catch her and put her back. I swear that she went into the biggest strop of the century. She went into the A-frame and wouldn't come near me, turned her back and then disappeared underground. I was worried she had been stressed by being caught and manhandled, but she was just stropping. Wolfie was getting really upset and bombing around the compound looking for her and eventually he went down the burrow and herded her back upstairs. Things seemed OK.

Went out the put them away before it got dark and OH thought Wolfie was a bit excited again. No Gloria. Called her, rattled pellets all to no avail. In the end I had to put Wolfie away and hope for the best. I was worried that she was down the burrow but thought that she would be fine because the ground temperature would be a lot higher than above ground. The other niggle I had was she was out again. Checked for tracks but nothing. Left a container with hay and some food outside the wire in case she was loose so she had somewhere to shelter overnight. Went off the taekwondo with a heavy heart.

When I came back I thought I would have a look round the back just in case. There was the bold girl sitting right by the back door. She scooted over to the compound with a kind of, 'well let me back in then, it's cold out here!'. So OH and myself had a lovely time, in the dark, with torches, herding the stupidest, but most criminally able (excepting Gabriel, of course) rabbit. We managed to herd her back and flattened the fence and she went in.

She is now back with Wolfie in her hutch and getting a telling off. Actually he was pathetically grateful to see her which was really sweet. She is such a bad girl! Mad Mad
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Gloria's Nordic Adventure! Empty Re: Gloria's Nordic Adventure!

Post by Becki Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:29 pm

My nerves actually wouldnt cope with that!! This would so be Rhia, if she wasn't secured in fort knox!!!
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 pm

You're rabbit are just in a different league when it comes to escaping! I think you need to invest in some fishing nets and cable ties to go over the compound (the term 'compound' makes me laugh too, it's like they have been institutionalised and are rebelling).
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Sooz wrote:You're rabbit are just in a different league when it comes to escaping! I think you need to invest in some fishing nets and cable ties to go over the compound (the term 'compound' makes me laugh too, it's like they have been institutionalised and are rebelling).

Well it is really big so run doesn't really describe it. It is 20' x 15' --- and they still want out!!! Orange jumpsuits and leg irons have been ordered from Ebay.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 pm

I love your stories Nickie Laughing Your bunnies and Gabriel are out for world domination!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:I love your stories Nickie Laughing Your bunnies and Gabriel are out for world domination!

And that is why they want out.....it's hard to plot the downfall of man-kind behind bars! Laughing
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Sooz wrote:
Catswhiskas wrote:I love your stories Nickie Laughing Your bunnies and Gabriel are out for world domination!

And that is why they want out.....it's hard to plot the downfall of man-kind behind bars! Laughing

OMG can you imagine what would happen if Wolfie, Gloria AND Gabriel met! Complete chaos - with lots of breaks for nibbles. Wee Felix is such a good chap. He looks over at that pair of chavs with total disdain!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Laughing

I think that Hippo would get along famously with your lot!

You need to write a book.... think of how famous the Marley and Me author became, that could be YOU! You could call it "Gloria and My Rising Blood Pressure"
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

Gloria, Gloria, Gloria!

What a norty bunsta but what a diva Laughing She is such an enterprising lady. Are you not a nervous wreck Nickie?

Gabriel is mightily impressed and also very jealous of Gloria's freedom. He is very bolshy with me at the moment as I won't let him out of the conservatory.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 am

I love hearing about Gloria's escapades Laughing have you ever seen the Simpson's movie, where Maggie goes downa sink-hole and appears on the other side of the dome? I think there is a secret sink-hole in your garden Wink
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Jay wrote:I love hearing about Gloria's escapades Laughing have you ever seen the Simpson's movie, where Maggie goes downa sink-hole and appears on the other side of the dome? I think there is a secret sink-hole in your garden Wink

PMSL......with your two it would have to be a sink-hole, a simple burrow dosn't seem becoming of a bunny escape genius. Suspect
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Oh my god i nearly just pee'd myself laughing..........

These bunnies are definately out for world domination......do you think they know what they do to our nerves....? If they do - do they care????

I think we just need to all remember our proper place.....and that is to serve!

hee hee
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Laughing oh Gloria!! What are you like!!! I look at her and at Benny boy and think ohhh they are soo alike, and they both have their offish days - but then you hear stories like that and nope, my benji would only escape to find you for a fuss Laughing

I do love her Love
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Well they have been stuck in their hutch all day. Looked pretty fed up when I put in their breakfast and DIDN'T open the door. Wolfie was most put out.

At tea-time, he was waiting and when I opened the door, he burst past me and hopped over to the burrow ...... BUT I HAD BEATEN HIM cos I closed off the A-frame entrance at both ends. (That is where the entrance to their burrow is.) If ever a bun looked cross, it was him. He kept hopping round it looking for a way in, but no way. So it was a weary hop back to captivity for his tea and a dirty look for me. Gloria was far too busy tucking into his tea to be bothered (and I actually think that she didn't really enjoy her foray cos the snow was a bit too deep for her!)

I will be going over to B&Q at the weekend for rhino strength fencing to contain them. We are actually going to build them a big aviary type compound where they can be loose 24/7, but we need to get the ground prepared and wait for some grass to grow.

As for the sink hole, Jay, with the size of Gloria's bum, she would get stuck!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:45 am

You definately need to write a book!

Good luck with the rhino fencing! ha ha ha

I would imagine that they are gossiping about your cruelty as we speak!! ha ha
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down