Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can George and Gemma go outside yet?

4 posters

Go down

Can George and Gemma go outside yet? Empty Can George and Gemma go outside yet?

Post by Rhianna Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:03 am

As the title says.

It seems a lot warmer now but I am aware G and G don't have the lovely thick coats my outdoor buns do. I've never had indoor buns before so am terrified of them getting cold but I also want them to go outside before they totally wreck my lounge. They are systematically chewing their way through everything. One of my friends made me laugh last night - he said he had visions of turning up one day and finding a pile of rubble in place of my house and two tubby, happy looking bunnies Very Happy

I think lots of space to run around in would do G and G lots of good. Having said that they can only go free range when I am home just in case. They will be in a run while I am at work. Am hoping to see lots of binkys.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Can George and Gemma go outside yet? Empty Re: Can George and Gemma go outside yet?

Post by NSD Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am

How cold is it where you are? If you let them out for a small time, and brought them inside again, you could get them used to the colder weather outside.

My bunnies are indoor but enjoy it when I let them out in the winter. Although I don't let them out for longer than 30mins - 1 hour (depending on how cold it is.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Can George and Gemma go outside yet? Empty Re: Can George and Gemma go outside yet?

Post by Catsknickers Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 am

As long as we don't get really cold snaps again and it stays like it has been you could certainly try. Just keep a close eye on them. How warm do you have your house? Are you like me, heating on all the time!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 am

Yes, heating on all the time in the day. I started that when Justin (foster bun now sadly at the Bridge) was poorly and just kind of carried it on. It is on very low though (am mindful of the gas bill).

If it stays nice for the weekend I may give it a go then when I am home to keep an eye on them. I can do a bit of gardening at the same time. I hope they enjoy the outdoors but I think they will. They spend a lot of time on the windowsill looking out at the garden.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:24 pm

today is a really nice day, and in my opinion, I don't see why they shouldn't go outside. I personally believe that if your buns are at full health and there's not a problem with them, then they should be okay to go out a little earlier... they will be alot hardier and stronger. Its different if its ill or old bunnies, then they shouldn't step outside until its april/may time when its much warmer. They will have compromised immune systems, so its not worth the risk!
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down