Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The tale of the disappearing toe-nail!

3 posters

Go down

The tale of the disappearing toe-nail! Empty The tale of the disappearing toe-nail!

Post by Vivi Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:46 pm

I was doing a round of nail-clipping today and.. I noticed Vivi doesn't have his last toenail at all, just a sort of scabby stump thing. I have no idea how it has taken me so long to notice this! Don't know how old it is, or even when he's done it. There certainly can't have been any blood involved as I haven't noticed any around his cage before.

Im just wondering.. Will that be a problem for him? Doesn't seem to hurt him or anything.

Pictures:

The tale of the disappearing toe-nail! P1000703

The tale of the disappearing toe-nail! P1000702

-------

And also.. While nail-cutting, *all* of Cid's outside claws are growing perfectly sideways! Can this be sorted by the direction etc you cut thier nails, like human nails? Or is this something I should be worried about? It certainly looks very scary!
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

The tale of the disappearing toe-nail! Empty Re: The tale of the disappearing toe-nail!

Post by KatieB Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Hiya

Cant help on the sideways nail but daisy has lost one of his too. embarrasingly it was the vet who noticed it and not me...... Embarassed
But the reason I didnt notice it is (like you) because Ive not seen any blood, or limping, or seen him paying any particular attention to the area.

If it had bled I would ahve seen it because he spends most of his day on a cream blanky!
so I have just left it alone to see if it will grow back.

Im a proper wimp with the nail cutting and get it done at the vets.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

The tale of the disappearing toe-nail! Empty Re: The tale of the disappearing toe-nail!

Post by Vivi Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:58 pm

When did he lose his nail? I wonder how long it mght take to grow back, if it does at all?

Really doesn't seem to be effecting him but its always so hard to tell with bunnies!
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:33 pm

He lost it about a two months ago. Im going to see if I can pin him down to have a look later.....wish me luck! ha ha

It really doesnt seem to have bothered the little monster at all!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:45 am

how odd Shocked Maybe the bunny pedicurist had had a bad day Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 pm

I am thier pedicurist! Oh dear
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum