Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds?

+3
LilyGrace
Velvet.Tears
Vince the bunny
7 posters

Go down

Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds? Empty Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds?

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:54 pm

What do you prefer and why? I prefer uppy eared, I have seen some stunning lops but they always look a little grumpy to me Smile I also prefer brown/tan or the brown wild looking rabbits (agouti?). I couldn't own a black rabbit either, a friend had a free range one that used to be so territorial, they couldn't use their own back garden Shocked Black rabbits remind me of that one.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds? Empty Re: Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds?

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm not bothered either way as I have both but I love Alaska's ears they are really long and she looks so cute when she looks at you
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds? Empty Re: Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds?

Post by LilyGrace Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Ahh My favourites are also up eared:).... I'm not too sure why, I think lop ears are cute but they just don't appeal to me as much scratch, neither do dwarf bunnys. I prefer medium bigger sized ones.
Colour wise I like otter, castor, havana...them type of colours ^_^. And harlequin, just cus my Lunas one Razz
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:11 am

I prefer medium bunnies too, the dwarfs are very sweet but don't appeal to me. Now the giant breeds really intrigue me.......I'm not yet an experienced rabbit keeper so felt a large one wasn't suitable but maybe next time....

Those belgian hares are absolutely, beautifully stunning Love I'd love to own a couple of those at a later date. Imagine one of those in giant breed size in wild rabbit colour OMG!!!!! Love Love
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:03 am

I think all bunnies are adorable. I do really like lops though. I also like the tan colour bodies with dark brown ears. The only combo I don't really like is white buns with red eyes... and look what I ended up with Shocked Love
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Uppy-ears here Smile A few reasons, firstly they look like rabbits are designed to look, and so they are able to perform their natural communications with their ears, which Lops can't.

I prefer medium sized buns, but as EM said, all buns are gorgeous, but I do feel that people have manipulated these animals to for aesthetic pleasure, and in doing so have compromised their abilities, and in some cases their health, re: head size and teeth, which makes me sad for them.

rexes, mini-rexes and Dutchies are my faves, not too fussed on colours Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:Those belgian hares are absolutely, beautifully stunning Love I'd love to own a couple of those at a later date. Imagine one of those in giant breed size in wild rabbit colour OMG!!!!! Love Love

You are after my own heart! Haha...They are so stunning!! I was really tempted to buy one when I was looking for a boy bunny but got thistle instead. Theyre too big for me to keep Sad..But my my, that reddish brown colour is just beautiful! One day!!! Love Love
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Well I think my bunnies cover a whole range of colours and patterns, lops and up-eared, lionheads...

But personally I prefer speckly kinda bunnies, especially white with brown or black patterns. And I like Lionheads, they're my favourite, but the other half hates them, hence Kuja is my only Lionhead. I got both my lop-ears as they had one ear up and one down when younger, Freya's both flopped though when she got older, and Lani's are still one up one down *most* of the time...

And I do think Jay has a point in the way bunnies have been bred - Ive been told Bea will likely have teeth problems for the rest of her life, with her being so small, and having already had a dental at the age she is...
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 pm

The lion heads just don't do it for me, I cuddled a young one today and he was very soft but I found myself drawn to a lovely blue rex instead. It's interesting how we all like such different rabbits. Just as well really!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:Those belgian hares are absolutely, beautifully stunning Love I'd love to own a couple of those at a later date. Imagine one of those in giant breed size in wild rabbit colour OMG!!!!! Love Love

You can see me Belgian Hare in my sig, Hazel

Last edited by Velvet.Tears on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Yes, I saw that one she is stunning! Someone is selling some in Taunton, and I was really tempted! Does yours live with your other buns? What is it like as a pet?
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Yes she does. She is lovely, lets me fuss her & play with her with no problem. Sometimes she just likes to chill out on her own without being bothered but once I let her out for run there is no catching her Laughing She also absolutely loves broccoli, I swear she will look like it one day.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 am

Now which ones would I prefer Laughing
I just adore the big floppy ears, though Flemish giants, I like too, the ears are just way too big to be true and it makes me smile.
I might have one, but I don't like the colours very much Embarassed
I find buns with very small ears sad, like this one
Lops or uppy eared? Favourite colours/breeds? 976x
But my Rufus has uppy ears and I love him to pieces
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down