Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Why Why

+5
KatieB
Snowy
Velvet.Tears
Jay
Ruffin
9 posters

Go down

Why Why Why Empty Why Why Why

Post by Ruffin Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:55 am

[b]My rant for the day. This is not a dig at anyone on this site at all but is something that makes me so angry and mostly very upset. Why do so many people buy rabbits and I presume other pets for their children just to keep the kids quite or a whim or because it’s the latest craze. Then after a couple of months the kids get board surly it’s the parents responsibility to take over the care of the animals after all it was them that took on the poor little things who’s only mistake was to be born into a selfish materialistic world. This rant has been brought on after a family living near my daughter bought a beautiful special breed bunny after 3 months the kids were board with this latest toy the bunny was found wandering the streets obviously just set free because someone can’t be bothered . The bunny was returned to the owners (I can’t put what I would call them) only to supposedly have escaped again the next week more likely the bunny didn’t match with the couler of the latest handbag or shoos. What is happening in this world kids can’t just have whatever they want on a whim they have to be taught how to respect other creatures they are not toys they are living creatures just like us. HERE ENDS MY RANT SORRY TO GO ON HBWS
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Why Why Why Empty Re: Why Why Why

Post by Jay Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:03 pm

I doubt you'll find anyone on here that hasn't felt something similar before. I certainly have and it too makes me angry.
There is change on the way, it takes time, but more education is the way forward, and people are starting to take more notice of expert advice. Amongst other things forums such as HH do help, we put a lot of info out there and like many similar sites and Rabbit organisations, we are used as a point of reference, and we have experts on board who use us to gain insight from a Rabbit owners view.

I know it's really frustrating when things like this happen, but you being here and talking about it could create change Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:20 pm

What makes me angry too is when an animal has something wrong with them and no one wants it because it has some sort of medical problem. One bunny in my local P@H has been there for months, she is called Pip and she has dental problems and nobody wants her Sad and she is beautiful girl, she looks so sad Sad
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Tell me about it, as a rescue we see this all the time and it drives me nuts, it just teaching the children that when you are fed up with something you can just 'throw it away', I hate it, I would like to see all pet shops made to neuter and vaccinate their rabbits, and other animals as afar as possible, before they are allowed to sell them, that would solve quite a bit of the problem.

Has anyone helped this bunny?

Last edited by Snowy on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 pm

I totally agree with you.

Do you know what has happened to the bunny now?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dalsicle Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:21 pm

I agree completely my bunny Bob came to me from the exact same circumstances

I also hate when a new film is released and everyone runs out to get their kids a new pet to match. It's my pet hate

dalsicle
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Gahhh I hate this too...people are so ignorant!! HBWS and some people simply just don't care about animals...i.e "Who cares?! It's just a rabbit"...so sad No
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:52 pm

I think that if you do get pets for your kids you have to have the common sense to realise that they will get bored and you WILL end up caring for them yourself. We bought two guinea pigs 'for the kids' and after about 3 weeks they lost interest but I'm happy to care for them along with the bunnies. The rabbits were for me, even though I said there was one each for them, but really they are my pets and if the kids show an interest I encourage that but no worries if they don't.
My 4 year old said to me today 'you have to be kind to the guinea pigs cos they are living animals and not toys' I think a positive message has sunk in there Why Why Why 497709
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:33 am

Vince the bunny wrote:I 'you have to be kind to the guinea pigs cos they are living animals and not toys' I think a positive message has sunk in there

Aw that is so sweet certainly has a very good attitude towards animals
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:54 am

Vince the bunny wrote: The rabbits were for me, even though I said there was one each for them, but really they are my pets and if the kids show an interest I encourage that but no worries if they don't.

One day, if i have kids, I think i will approach that way - the pets are MY pets, and the kids can play with them and learn to look after them, but ultimately they are mine.

NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: