Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are they allowed to sell these?

3 posters

Go down

Why are they allowed to sell these? Empty Why are they allowed to sell these?

Post by Indie22 Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Tonight I had to take jeff out the group, him and nougat arnt getting on so he will be alone again until I start rebonding but I had no hutch or cage for him. I have a run outside with a 2ft hutch in it as a shelter for who ever is out so as its only one night I brought it in the shed, wiped it out and bedded it down with hay and bed and put bowls in. I would never dream of using one of these to house a rabbit under normal circumstances but I was shocked to see in the mesh half, when he sat down he had under one netherland sized space on either side and the same in the bed area. Hes a small nethie anyway. How can people possible think this is ok as a permanent hutch. He is getting a new hutch tomorrow morning but I still feel guilty. Hes sitting there like "mum im reporting you for neglect"

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Why are they allowed to sell these? Empty Re: Why are they allowed to sell these?

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Awww he doing it for attention to get cuddles. You're getting a new hutch for him tomorrow so don't feel bad.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Why are they allowed to sell these? Empty Re: Why are they allowed to sell these?

Post by Indie22 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:12 pm

I know, I just dont understand how these are allowed to be sold for keeping rabbits in. Should be banned.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 pm

I know it is terrible but I don't know what can be done about it and you are right they should be banned.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 pm

I just needed to rant about it lol

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Nothing wrong with a good rant Laughing better to let it out than keep it in
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:23 am

Im so sorry Jeff isnt getting on with Nougat either. I have a bit of a soft spot for him.

Strange question but could it be nougat thats causing the problem, from what you said Jeff was absolutely loving being in with the girls.

Are there any other bonding combo's you could try?

I agree - they really shouldnt be allowed to sell hutches that small. Its shocking!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:58 am

I think it is Nougat although I feel its more a fear reaction and then thats where a fight starts. I seperated them all cause although zack wasnt in the fight hes got in the way and had a nasty bit on his shoulder. Once its healed and everything is settled I will re introduce jeff to the wee girls but in all the uproar jeff was grumpy with them too so a fresh start was best.

Me and my mum are suspicious that nougats had a go at zack (its a big bite, too big for jeffs teeth I think) and Jeff has maybe protected them.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Ahhh Bless Jeff. I bet he cant understand why he's been moved when he was just trying to help.

So could it be that Nougats old partner was only grumpy because she was upsetting him too rather than the other way round?

Must be so tricky trying to get things just right - I dont envy you at all.

Sending lots of vibes for happy bonded bunnies all round soon.

Nose rubs to all of them

Katie x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:15 pm

hehe thanks, I know its a pain but it will sort out just start from scratch again. Nougats a big girl so dont want to risk anyone but if they still get on for the first while they can still play together for an hour as they have the full garden to avoid each other if need be.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:01 pm

sending vibes for happy happy bunnies
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:26 pm

well he has his new house, its a 4x2 (smaller than usual) but has a level in it too and he has his outdoor run anyway. Only problem is while buying the hutch I bough a mrs chips (g piggy), extra toys/bowls and a present shaped cosy bed for her! OOPS its too cold outside for her so shes extremely privelaged by being kept in my room just now. I will get her company. Also got the fire works annoying everyone. They arnt scared but always more edgy.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down