Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New HH Video - Bonding rabbits - Brian and Mindy's wedding!

+3
Josephine
Ruffin
Jay
7 posters

Go down

New HH Video - Bonding rabbits - Brian and Mindy's wedding! Empty New HH Video - Bonding rabbits - Brian and Mindy's wedding!

Post by Jay Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:12 pm

It's about 14 mins long, hope you like Smile
Clicky
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

New HH Video - Bonding rabbits - Brian and Mindy's wedding! Empty Re: New HH Video - Bonding rabbits - Brian and Mindy's wedding!

Post by Ruffin Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:47 pm

[b]Just watched the film very informative dont like the sound of the other way of just throwing them together. Is bonding between rabbits usualy sucesfull or is there a greater chance of rejection Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

New HH Video - Bonding rabbits - Brian and Mindy's wedding! Empty Re: New HH Video - Bonding rabbits - Brian and Mindy's wedding!

Post by Jay Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Ruffin wrote:Just watched the film very informative dont like the sound of the other way of just throwing them together. Is bonding between rabbits usualy sucesfull or is there a greater chance of rejection Smile

Thanks Smile I'm not sure if you've missed a word or two out there, or I haven't understood (very likely!) Greater chance if... ? Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:09 pm

[b]sorry was asking when rabbits are put together do they usualy bond or reject each other. I know Ruffin woudnt bond just wondered if this was normal
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:14 am

Wow, the video is fantastic Jay. Mindy and Brian are still a very happy couple, they spend hours snuggled up together and grooming each other. They love it when we lie down on the floor with them, stroking them and giving them nose rubs and if we stop before they are ready we soon get nudged to start again. When they have had enough they will wander off. We learnt very quickly that they are in charge and our job is to pander to their every whim. Mindy's temperament has changed for the better since Brian came into her life, she has calmed down a lot and is not so aggresive. We are really pleased with how it has all turned out and have no regrets about taking on another bunny.
Thanks Jay x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:41 am

very good video.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Ruffin wrote:[b]sorry was asking when rabbits are put together do they usualy bond or reject each other. I know Ruffin woudnt bond just wondered if this was normal

There isn't a usual about it really, it's more that this is how they instinctively live, so it's in their nature to partner up, and I think I'm right in saying that most buns will bond. Some buns, like us, don't want a buddy, and are quite happy on their own. My last one was, I'm not sure about Stewie yet, I need to get to know him more, but presently he seems very content as a lone bun, we shall see Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Sorry it has taken me so long to get round to replying on this. I am honestly blown away by this video in particular. Of all the films you have produced for HH Jay, I think this one is just your finest hour. It shows a calm and informative approach to bonding which I know causes so many new bonders so much stress and worry. It was wonderful to watch this journey through and see that all important groom in the end. Anne's insight into all this has been just amazing to and really confirmed for me in a practical way, what I thought was happening in bonds. It is like having the key to bunny language having her around. You have excelled yourself young man Very Happy I was gutted not to be able to be there and this video has made me feel part of it. Thanks once again Jay.
Jo - I am so pleased to hear that this story has had such a happy ending. Thankyou for the card and photo the other day Very Happy It has been framed Love

xxxxxxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:03 am

Truly amazing video Jay. Really informative and interesting at the same time. I really hope it can help other people in the future who are trying out a bond. Thumbs Up

ETA: I think one of the most confronting and distressing aspects of bonding is during the humping phase. When I bonded Bruce and Josephine, Bruce insisted on humping Josephine all the time. SInce I had Josephine first, it was really distressing to see my baby girl being humped by a bunny twice her size, even though I knew very well that it was very normal behaviour, and Josephine didn't seem to mind. Even with that knowledge, it was quite upsetting to see her being squashed! I liked the emphasis that humping was completely normal in the video, well done Anne and Jay.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:06 am

What a stunning piece of work. You and Anne should be immensely proud of yourselves. Presented in a clear, concise and understandable way and showing all the salient points that are so hard to describe in words alone. Just amazing. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:56 am

Thank-you, I'm glad it's been seen as I made it Smile
I looked around the web and could find nothing of much value re: bonding, so we both wanted to make a good, clear comprehensive film, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. But the Buns are the true stars! It was lovely to see this after so many people went to so much trouble to bring these two together, and I'm so happy that they are happy Love
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:29 pm

Thumbs Up
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down