Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruby Roo, the story so far!

+5
LilyGrace
Jay
NickieM
Catsknickers
Yodaphine
9 posters

Go down

Ruby Roo, the story so far! Empty Ruby Roo, the story so far!

Post by Yodaphine Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:29 pm

So, my obsession all started on christmas eve! rabbit As I have mentioned to you all before, I am completely new to all this House bunny lark, and when I first bought my baby girl home I truthfully had absolutely no idea what to expect, I was excited and to a certain extent little bit nervous Hmmm I have had bunnies lots of times before as a child, but they were outdoor buns, my parents were boring and never allowed them in the house, dad always told me they have the garden, thats big enough! Sad So I would have to sneak em in for a snuggle on the sofa when my parents went out, always keepin a stealthy ear out for their return home! lol
When I went to pick Roo up from Charlotte, I was so excited! I actually cried as Charlotte handed her over, this was it, she was finally coming home with me! I have wanted a house bunny for years but Ryan was never really keen, but just like me, he couldnt resist Ruby! Who could?! Love
Roo's first night couldnt have been more perfect, she settled in a treat! Within about an hour she had already found her favourite spot in the house..... Ruby Roo, the story so far! P2612114 .....Right infront of the heater Wink
On Christmas day, I decided she needed a teddy, after all she had one at Charlottes, so it was only fair she had one here, but nowhere was open on Christmas day, so I decided I would make her one, as you do, on christmas day!!! lol! Ruby Roo, the story so far! P2612115 It was well worth the effort, as she loves it, I came in from work the other day to find her sleeping on it! Very Happy
Truthfully it was a bit surreal havin a bunny runnin free around my house at first, but we soon got used to it! Roo has such a personality, she is so affectionate, but she can also be so playful, and somewhat feisty if she doesnt get her own way! Everyday when I get home from work and let her out, she hops outta her cage with a thump, then proceeds to dance around every room in the flat, binkying all the way like somethin out of oliver twist!! After about 20mins of this, she will settle under the coffee table in a happy flop and sleep for a bit...but only a little bit mind...she is soon up and ready for more playtime! Everynight at about 7ish, i will be sat watchin tv, and all of a sudden I will notice a big pair of ears loppin up above my knees, and within minutes she is up, layin on the cube i normally use as a footstool, this is somethin I have never trained her to do, she just does it, doesnt wait for an invite, just takes herself up and makes herself right at home! Ruby Roo, the story so far! P0801110
Her latest discovery is that she is able to help herself to the hay outta the bag when im puttin more in the cage, I heard a rustling behind me last night and this is what I found! Ruby Roo, the story so far! P1101110
I never knew when I first adopted Ruby quite what to expect, but so far its been the most enjoyable, fascinating, heartwarming experience! She is truely amazing, the calming relaxing effect she has had on me since her arrival is unreal! Like she has mellowed me out! If I had realised this is what it was gonna be like havin a house bunny, I woulda done it alot sooner!!
Thanks for reading, sorry to waffle on a bit but I just cant help it! She genuinely is My new obsession!! Love Love Love

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Ruby Roo, the story so far! Empty Re: Ruby Roo, the story so far!

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Oh Jo only just seen this. Wait til the others see it, especially Jay ... this story is immense and as you know I go all giddy when I get a picture message from you, knowing it will be about this special lady. You are a fab bunny mum and Ruby Roo is a lucky girl!!! Love Please keep these stories and pics coming!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

What a fabulous post! I would just love to have a bun hopping around, but OH and kids are allergic so no housebuns for me. Sad

I loved reading all about how you discovered all the new things that she did. They really do have a very distinct personality. Keep the posts coming. Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

I love getting texts from Jo all giddy about what Roo has been getting up to. I feel so part of this incredible journey of discovery and I have to say, Ruby Roo is an incredible bun. I really missed her when she left here as I had her as a house bun here too! But she has fantastic parents now and the life of riley!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh I'm so glad it's all going well for you both, Ruby Roo sounds like a treasure Love Once she's settled in, she'll take over everything - be warned Laughing and those little strops, well, they may get a bit bigger, but I know she's gone to the best home she could have. Keep us updated on her, she sounds amazing Very Happy
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:26 pm

She really is truely awesome!!! So pleased I have found somewhere where I can harp on about how great she is without bein made to feel like a complete nutter Very Happy Everyday she amazes me more and more! Like I never realised that bunnies play, and I mean proper playin!! Like a dog sorta playin!! She circles my legs, then I tell her Im gonna steal her cottontail and go to pretend to get it and she binkys and runs around the room like a nutjob! Then she comes back and circles me again, and the whole game starts over! ROFL Today she hasnt left either of us alone! She is lyin flat out at the side of me as I am writing this! She just cant get enough love!! Love Love

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Circling is a way of showing love, it's a mating thing - she clearly adores you Very Happy
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Aww I can just imagine you telling her you are going to get her "cotton tail" what a beautiful thought, you two playing. She is a gem I can imagine her binkying away!

Can I say guys, I have never seen a bun with as many toys as Ruby has! And Jo, this place is a godsend in that it lets us all blab on about our bunnies with a willing and interested audience!

Last edited by Catswhiskas on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Love What a lovely story...they are just so endearing, I could watch mine for hours. Roo is a very lucky girl and clearly you are too!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 am

She's absolutely beautiful, what an elegant girl. It's great that you're having so much fun with her.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:10 am

It is lovely to hear such a success story. I'm so glad she's got a happy and settled life and proving so much happiness to you. Love

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Lots of love to you and Roo, you are a lovely pair.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 pm

What a wonderful story. Its really made me smile.

Having a house bun is the most amazing thing, you learn so much and get to see every little bit of their personalities. I love it when new owners discover it too. Its a very special experience.

Thank you for brightening my day! More please!!!!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Awww, thanks everyone! And I promise, I will keep everyone updated! Its so nice to have someone to share all this with, everyday theres something new, everyday is different, she really is my little ray of sunshine Very Happy

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:48 pm

She is just so gorgeous. It is lovely seeing how happy she is. Love
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down