Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fascinating Behaviour

+4
KatieB
LilyGrace
Yodaphine
Catsknickers
8 posters

Go down

Fascinating Behaviour Empty Fascinating Behaviour

Post by Catsknickers Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:51 pm

I have mentioned on another thread that I have been to see Ruby tonight (Yodaphine's girlie) and let me tell you, bunnies never fail to astound me. Since she was adopted on xmas eve her personality has gone to the next level. Being born into care and handled by Dawn and her kids from a young age certainly produced a bunny with confidence and no fear. But when you couple that with being put in a devoted environment, the results are astounding. Jo and Ryan are new bunny owners and have clearly been quite moulded by the lady herself it is hilarious. To watch her tonight was incredibly fascinating. I have never seen a bunny command a household quite like Ruby, she clearly sees herself as the queen of and they are her servants (and rightly so) Laughing I mean Bella thinks she is in charge but Ruby takes this to the next level. She demands fuss and then sits there teeth purring to herself with a look on her face of sheer contentment. The back feet are out, the eyes are relaxed. It is wonderful to watch. She also approaches them at treat time with real dominance and you can tell she really thinks the pecking order is her then everyone else. I am just totally fascinated. I can't really put it into words but she speaks volumes like no other bun I have seen.

I have had house buns who ruled the house but not quite in the way Ruby does. I am wondering if this is because they didn't actually come to me until they were around 2 years old and from not great situations and had neurosis of varying degrees about something already? Or is it because Ruby is in fact a really exceptional character? My feeling is that it is a bit of both, but to watch her tonight intrigued me. Literally she can be snoozing and Jo can pick her up and move her and she doesn't even bother opening her eyes!??!?! She just carries on snoozing, whereever she has been moved to? I have never seen a bun so relaxed. She snuggles into Jo and sits there like she is in the warren with her servants around her. It is just incredible.

What do we think guys, upbringing and excellent new home, exceptional personality or a combination of the two? Whatever it is I wish we could bottle it and sell it! We would make a fortune and that lady would be an excellent advert for rabbits as pets and housebuns in general! Laughing
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Fascinating Behaviour Empty Re: Fascinating Behaviour

Post by Yodaphine Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Boy did reading this post make me feel the proud mum! I always tell everyone that you did all the hard work, she was pretty much like this from the moment we got her home! I treat all my animals like surrogate children, always have, this is probably partly responsible for her bein soft as grease! But truthfully I would say its a combination of the two....Thinkin back to the night I first came to see her, if you remember she marched right up to me and started nosing and digging at me, as though she was sayin 'please be my momma!' how could I possibly say no? This little lady showed me she is a bun who knows exactly what she wants, and she knows exactly which cutesie act she needs to pull in order to get it! The girl sure knows how to work it! Happy Dance

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:22 pm

You should be a proud mum! I would be. It was really incredible to watch and like I said to you I had no words to describe it. She has always been a lady who knows her own mind and in the perfect environment you have given her she has just blossomed. She would be fascinating to study I am sure. I think she is seriously intelligent too.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

She is fascinating, I find i can lose several hours with her Love And the more I get to know and understand her, the more she amazes me...I never realised how much something without the ability to speak could actually say! And I also have to add, her being here has done wonders for my mental health...I never realised how theraputic livin with a house bun would be Smile Smile Smile

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm

They are great soul soothers. Can't wait to see what other people think to this. It is so hard to describe without seeing. I would like to do a documentary! Laughing
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:41 pm

:O Can move her when sleeping?! that IS incredible!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:12 pm

LilyGrace wrote::O Can move her when sleeping?! that IS incredible!

EXACTLY Shocked albino
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 am

OMG - ive never heard of anything like it.....Move her while sleeping! Unbelievable!

I think her upbringing has got something to do with it, as does the loving environment she is in, but It must be just her. She is clearly a chilled out girl.

What is really lovely is that she has has been adopted by a home that can nurture and encourage her to be herself. What a crime it would have been for her to be a hutch bun.

I think we are all going to fall head over heals with Ruby Roo........
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:04 am

[b]Thats great the bun must be so content and feel so secure in its new home Thumbs Up
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:08 am

Being a house bun couldn't have been a more ideal situation for her. There personalities are all so different and you certainly get some that are much more suited to being in or outdoor buns than others.... its intriguing.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:15 am

I can only agree with you Charlotte, Domino is on another planet to the girls.

He is a spoilt little brat and he will demand nose rubs etc when HE wants, and he has no fear at all. He went to stay at Hettys for a few days and he just became a brat! He wouldnt go near her, and when she went near the hutch he would just turn his back on her, he wouldnt even eat infront of her! She said on the phone "Im sure he hates me" - he is just such a brat.

And i always think its because he was born here, hes never left the house for more than an hour, he thinks he owns the place.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:Being a house bun couldn't have been a more ideal situation for her. There personalities are all so different and you certainly get some that are much more suited to being in or outdoor buns than others.... its intriguing.

I agree. She sounds like a special girl - definately agree that this will have a lot to do with being nurtured from such an early age, and then having someone to continue to bring that on. I love hearing about other buns personalities. Fascinating is definately the word I'd use too. I've just been sat with mine with Rhia in the run & Dyl free-ranging, and you do just sit there in awe at these little creatures with such huge, varied personalities! X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm

She sounds a bit like The Bee - These ladies certainly know their own minds!! Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 pm

I would rather be dead than be without bunnies, they are my reason to live along with my other pets.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I think it has to be a combination of things.... but her two foots are certainly a big part of that!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:43 pm

I think so many things can be a factor but can also be a negative and a positive - ill explain

Pebbles I have had since 2007, and honestly while I have always loved her ever so much, we have never had a bond until 2010. She always ran away from me, and would be last to come and get a treat, last to come and have a sniff, she just didn't trust me.

Last summer that all changed and she started to finally trust me, and now she will curl up in my coat and groom me, and she is so different. She isnt bossy and confident like Domino and Jelly, she is timid and loving, and its very different. its almost like, her past made her scared but now she is trusting but still so delicate.

we will never understand them!

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down