Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krispie Kreme - Terminal rabbit needs special home - SURREY

5 posters

Go down

Available Krispie Kreme - Terminal rabbit needs special home - SURREY

Post by AnnaT Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:13 am

Contact/organisation details: I am fostering for Furry Friends in Old Coulsdon. Please PM me on here or call her on 020 8407 1080 or 0797 356 9371. We recommend calling us as we can't always check our emails daily.
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes for their whole lives.
Number of animals:1
Sex: Female
Age(s): Approx 4 years old
Name(s): Krispie Kreme
Neutered: No due to health reasons. Please see below.
Reason for rehoming: Arrived with her two sisters who have now sadly died. The people said if we did not take them they would set them free in the woods.
Will the group be split: Krispie Kreme can either go as a single house bun or to be paired with a neutered male.
Transport available: Within reason, unless you know of people coming this way that are happy to transport for you. We sometimes have various transport runs going so it doesn't hurt to ask.
Medical: We suspect Krispie Kreme and her sisters have been used as breeding does. All had very swollen mammary glands that were full of pus and blood. Sadly, Krispie Kreme has fast growing lumps on her belly. The vet thinks that they have internal problems too.

Krispie Kreme has had tests on the lumps in her mammary glands which came out as non cancerous, but full of blood and pus. The lumps are invasive though and not viable to be removed. These started off as mastitis which was not treated and so infected her abdomen but both have got to the stage that treatment is too late. The vet says that to cut into her and try and remove the lumps is a bad idea as it will spread the infection as the lumps are not contained. He has recommended to stop surgical treatment now as it will not give her a good quality of life.

Krispie Kreme needs antibiotics when her infection flares up. We can provide this for her. She gets blood and pus coming out of one nipple but a 7-10 day course clears it up. Sadly the two rabbits she arrived with (Nesquick and Coco Pops) both developed abscesses in their jaw and were PTS.
Other: Krispie Kreme is a wonderful rabbit. She seems happy in herself and is eating well and loves a fuss. She enjoys going in her run and sitting in her dog bed with a heat pad Smile
I must stress that we do not know how long she has left, but we would prefer her to be in a loving home for however long she has. Because she is terminal, the adoption fee for her has been reduced to whatever someone can afford.

Krispie Kreme - Terminal rabbit needs special home - SURREY Kk

Krispie Kreme - Terminal rabbit needs special home - SURREY Kk2

Krispie Kreme - Terminal rabbit needs special home - SURREY Kk3
AnnaT
AnnaT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Available Re: Krispie Kreme - Terminal rabbit needs special home - SURREY

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Oh gosh this brought me to tears, I hope you find someone lovely to take care of her for the rest of her life. She looks like such a lovely rabbit Love
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Oh crikey, I just Love this girl, she is so gorgeous
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:58 pm

She is awfully pretty, I really hope someone could offer her a good home for her remaining time.
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Aww she is beautiful, I wish I could give her home for what she has left.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down