Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The thought of noise and disturbance upsetting my princes.

+6
Becki
NickieM
Ruffin
Catsknickers
Yodaphine
Corrina
10 posters

Go down

The thought of noise and disturbance upsetting my princes. Empty The thought of noise and disturbance upsetting my princes.

Post by Corrina Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Is it just me? Whenever these wall insulation people knock at the door offering their services, my first thought is "Oh no, I cant have any work done, my bunnies wont like the noise and disturbance!"

Also I resent the neighbours getting anything done, cutting the grass etc, because I can tell by how high up my Blanche's ears are, as to how outraged or unhappy she is.

Living so close to RAF Waddington is also a bit of a problem, and I have very nearly phoned the Station Commander, to tell him that one of his planes has just flown over my house and sent my bunnies scattering. When Air Day gets cancelled through bad weather I am rubbing my hands together whilst cackling, because I know that my rain spell has worked!!!!!

A few years ago Alex had to plead with me not to glare over the fence at the neighbours, and inform them that their noisy bbq was bothering my Roberta, and could they all go indoors, as my Roberta was presently a breast-feeding Mother of five. They only thing that stopped me was, just weeks before they didnt say too much to me when Roberta got into their garden and dug a huge hole. Whoops!! (Just as well they didnt, or I would have told them what their 14 year old daughter got up to while they were out at work!Haha!!)

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

The thought of noise and disturbance upsetting my princes. Empty Re: The thought of noise and disturbance upsetting my princes.

Post by Yodaphine Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:46 pm

I know exactly what you mean Reen! In the last month I have developed a hate for, motorbikes, sirens, large trucks and car horns! Mad Every one of those noises ticks my Ruby roo right off! She will be laid there, flat out, happy as larry then some inconsiderate scuzzbucket comes and sits outside my window, on his unnecessarily loud and offensive motorbike, engine running! I dont care that he is stuck in a queue of traffic, thats not my problem, turn your engine off fool!!! Evil or Very Mad My Roo's ears go right up on top of her head, theres a grunt and a thud of the back foot before she dives for cover! I myself am currently draughting up a letter to Lincoln council, requesting they close the roads outside my flat to everyone except myself and those more considerate folk with quieter, less offensive sounding vehicles! Very Happy Its a perfectly reasonable request, surely! Thumbs Up

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

The thought of noise and disturbance upsetting my princes. Empty Re: The thought of noise and disturbance upsetting my princes.

Post by Catsknickers Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:03 pm

You ladies, I thoroughly agree. I even hate having to hoover when I have buns in the house. I feel so guilty. The hospital helicopter here gets my buns Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:43 pm

[b]Hum this is somthing I am going to have to watch when I put the bunns in there garden shed I have quite a loud ride on mower so may have to bring them back in when I mow the grass unless I can train Jazz to drive it. But I fully agree about road closures the road here is national speed limit and we get allsorts of morons racing along there is a death from idiotic driving on here every year we had the air ambulance land in the garden a couple of years ago after an incident well that will have to stop now as well. Laughing Laughing
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Mine particularly don't like it when OH cuts the grass or the hedge. They are scared for the first couple of minutes, then do the, 'You know, we weren't really THAT scared really!'

Reen, we get so many Tornadoes flying over the house as we are on the flightpath for Lossie, so they are used to them. I hope you realise that your raindance puts my OH and son's hobby of air cabbagery (sorry photography) in risk! Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Rhia IS the noise pollution round here. Shes not bad at the moment but the number of times I've been conversing with neighbours over 'What on EARTH that ahem, stamping noise was in the night!' Embarassed She doesnt like aeroplanes, actually. Nothing particularly bothers Dyl Very Happy X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Oh and while we are at it can we ban noisy children from next door! Daisy hates the sizzly noises coming from the kitchen. I have suggested to OH that he refrains from cooking but refuses to.....selfish man.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Bl**dy men eh Katie Laughing

Mine seem remarkably resilient to noise actually - they don't particularly like quad bikes, which whizz past on the lanes at weekends, but they will put up with the tractor quite happily, or the lawn mower!

That said, they are a bit wary of the geese, but mostly they just thump at them. Laughing
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Think I am with the buns about the geese! Shocked Not for nothing do a lot of distilleries use them in the bond warehouses, because they are vicious and they could wake the dead! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

They are better house guards than the dogs, definitely! Laughing
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:52 am

My two cannot handle the planes at all! We're about a 20-30 minute drive from the airport and occasionally planes fly overhead, they get really scared and run into a corner and hide.

On the plus side, it is very helpful getting them back inside their room when they just don't want to!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 am

I love like-minded people!

Now, children.... other peoples children are more than welcome to go see the bunnies, stroke them etc. BUT if they ONCE chase or harrass them in any way, that is it - a lifetime ban from my back garden begins!!

The Wicked Witch of the West is alive and well, and flying on her broomstick around the Barratt Estate.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:28 pm

I remember a "friends" child kicking Chance one day. I was livid. That woman is no longer a friend. Mad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:I remember a "friends" child kicking Chance one day. I was livid. That woman is no longer a friend. Mad

Oh God, How did you refrain from wanting to batter him/her?!?!
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:I remember a "friends" child kicking Chance one day. I was livid. That woman is no longer a friend. Mad

[b]Ohh dont fall out with them invite them round for coffee and home made scones just make the scones with the currents from the lit tray "dont fall out get even" Laughing Laughing
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 pm

I WILL NOT tolerate children that are cruel and disrespectful like that. And their parents do nothing!? Shocked Someone at work the other day said their dog gets its ears pulled by the kids all the time. WHY???? Tell the wretched children off. I grew up with animals and never dreamt of doing anything like that.

Oscar will have alot of rabbit poo to clear up and apologising to do if it looks at the animals wrong!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Absolutely!!!! That is one of my Blanche-Roberta's favourite recipes. She is bringing out her own cookbook soon, " Cooking With Currants - a budget-conscious way to feed people you dislike".

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 pm

As soon as my kiddywinks were able to get near an animal, I trained them immediately in the correct way to approach and behave towards it. And told them that if done incorrectly, that they might end up bitten, scratched etc, and that this would serve them right as a lesson. (Oooh I am evil!)

Bless em, theyve all 3 been good with animals, respect them, and know the right and wrong way to treat them. What a brat to kick a rabbit - but I blame its parent.

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Its actually quite shocking when parents are clueless enough to not explain to their child, that an animal is not a stuffed toy, and may respond to pain by biting.

My Mum once owned a rescued dog that HATED children. Alex, Robyn n Meg were told quite clearly to LEAVE BONNIE ALONE OR SHE WILL BITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God knows what had happened to her, but thanks to my 3 listening to my advice there was never a problem. She did pull the occasional face at them, but mellowed slightly in her old-age!!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Mr Snuffles is quite blase about usual noises like the vacuum cleaner but if he hears something which sounds strange, for instance when I am in fits lof laughter about something, he will stamp his foot. He is good at letting me know he is not pleased about something.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down