Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly question...

+2
Josephine
lucyface
6 posters

Go down

Silly question... Empty Silly question...

Post by lucyface Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 pm

My three rabbits are now indoor bunnies as i didn't spend enough time with them when they were outdoors. They live in my bedroom and i keep the window open a little bit all day and night to give them fresh air and to keep the smell down. I'm worried that they're cold. Their ears are always cold. I made them a space with NIC cube things, i tried making a hidey hole thing for them but they didnt use it, so i bought a big dog bed for them and they just used it as a toilet.
For all you with indoor buns, what do you use for their bed and how do you keep them warm?! ):
lucyface
lucyface
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Silly question... Empty Re: Silly question...

Post by Josephine Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:17 pm

I don't think it is likely that they will be cold if they are indoors, so don't worry.
My two indoor bunnies actually sleep under our bed. I have tried cat beds and various blankets and like yours they used them as a toilet. For some reason they don't wee under the bed, thank goodness.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:00 am

I think they should be fine, mine don't use a bed they just huddle up together on the carpet or on the newspaper in their cage. I'm sure it must be warmer in your bedroom tha it would outside, even with the window open, so try not to worry. Mine are in my bedroom too and sometimes it's damn cold up here, especially when it was snowing and windy but the rabbits always seemed okay and warm enough. I believe they use their ears to regulate their body temp, so when they are cold it just means they are using the energy to keep their bodies warm...not that their whole bodies are cold. I think I'm right, but if not I'm sure someone will correct me Laughing
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyface Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:57 am

Thank you guys! I think i worry to much, i kinda feel bad that they dont have a specific area to sleep in but i dont know what else to try!
lucyface
lucyface
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:15 am

They certainly wont' be cold, and you should have the room ventilated Smile

Stewie uses an armchair as a bed, he doesn't have a specific area, he just tends to sleep where he flops, although he does have a dar covered corner in the back of the room he sleeps in.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 am

Just want to add that none of your questions are silly. Asking questions is how we learn. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:18 pm

[b]Ruffin never seems to be cold if she was there is a room in the house where there's a electric heater running all the time so she would go to that. The other two crackpots have about 6 different places that they sleep but I find that with the cats they move around presumably its a safety thing so as preditors have to look around for them just like I do otherwise I usualy trip over the little swine's Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:42 pm

My bedroom is always quite warm anyway and Mr Snuffles sleeps on my bed. It is lovely knowing there is a bunny there even if he does wake me up munching at various times of the night LOL!!

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down