Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

doris and daisy have there new home

5 posters

Go down

doris and daisy have there new home Empty doris and daisy have there new home

Post by peggysmum Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:12 pm

my friend came yesterday to help me put up the shed at last, i spent today doing more to it. i still have the window to work out, anyone understand how the stupid things go in. it is currently taped in with brown tape Hmmm . anyway it is carpeted and has a light now and the girls seem very pleased. i have pics but photobuket and my computer are rowing Rolling Eyes so cant add, if anyone can help me i can email pics if they can add them my email is t.j.waters@blueyonder.co.uk hopefully once you all see what i have done you can advise me as to how i can improve or alter Laughing am so pleased to finally have it. still more to do but the girls seem happy and it is warmer and dryer and most important safe. thansk tracey

peggysmum
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

doris and daisy have there new home Empty Re: doris and daisy have there new home

Post by SarahJane Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 pm

If you email me at XMissySJx@aol.com I will upload them for you x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

doris and daisy have there new home Empty Re: doris and daisy have there new home

Post by peggysmum Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm

thanks missy have sent them over. hope it meets with everyones approval ive worked very hard the last 2 days, with labyrintitus i might add Rolling Eyes everytime i bent over the whole world went spinning. oh the things we do for our pets eh.

peggysmum
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Got them! Havent downloaded them yet, doing some uni work then will pop them up Wave
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:13 pm

I actually got rid of my window and added mesh instead as it gets quite hot in there during summer, and in the winter we cover it Smile might be an idea!

here are your piccies, it looks fab in there Very Happy

doris and daisy have there new home Rabbits_in_there_new_shed_009
doris and daisy have there new home Rabbits_in_there_new_shed_007
doris and daisy have there new home Rabbits_in_there_new_shed_006
doris and daisy have there new home Rabbits_in_there_new_shed_005

Wave
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Oh the only thing I would say is that it might be a good idea to get some mesh for the bottle as if they move the door its awkward to get Smile

We got an old hutch door, from a rubbish old thing, and stuck it with nails to the wall and then did the bottle that way, but put the wire in reverse.

Like rather than have the bottle nozzle going through the wire the whole thing was on the outside and the wire holding it that way Smile much easier! x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysmum Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:37 pm

hi missy thanks so much for that. yes i see what you mean about the water bottle. i have noticed the door shut sometimes so will move the bottle or turn it round and then back again at night. im going to put a mesh door with fly screen in the main door area. my ferret rescue friend has them in hers and has shown me how to do it so one day when the weather is actually nice again the inner door can be closed and outer wooden one open, and ive still to do the run, i am intending somehow tocut a hole in the side and put in a cat flap, hopefully it is as simple as it sounds and i dont mess up the shed. what do people think about my hutch. when i got it i didnt think about standing up inside as i knew each day they would come out into the old shed so could stretch there but now i wander if perhaps it is too small. im still shutting them in it at night because it is so cold and i figure being in the hutch with a cover over is better than them deciding they will sleep in the dog bed tonight. ive also loooked at those tunnel things and will get them a couple of them. they like to sit on the hutch roof so i guess thatis a good up high point. any other ideas or suggestions please. thanks tracey

peggysmum
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Great pics of lovely buns in fabulous accomodation!

Corrina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Lucky Buns....fab home for them. x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:33 pm

we cut the hole in ours and then got two hinges and just re attatched the wooden but and added a catch. My dad did break it thouh and they currently have a but of wood and four bricks keeping them in at night No Laughing
but most of the time they are allowed to stay out overnight (sound like kids!) so its ok
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Oh that's great, I love seeing home improvements, it makes such a difference to them Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down