Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buns & Veggies

3 posters

Go down

Buns & Veggies Empty Buns & Veggies

Post by Becki Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:21 pm

How often do buns actually need veggies? I assume they do need them Hmmm (That doesnt mean i'm going to stop giving her them btw) Daniel cant really have anything other than hay & small amount of dry food, and because of that Rhias intake has dramatically declined. Up until recently she had the grass & weeds etc from the garden but obviously she isnt going in the garden any more so is basically getting whatever I can sneak her w/out Danner noticing. Cant really split them as I already do so to feed pellets/mix in D's case, and that causes scraps. Bunnies?! No
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Buns & Veggies Empty Re: Buns & Veggies

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:09 am

Well they can live without them on a balanced pellet diet but of course it does help their general dental care and they do enjoy fresh food every day.

Some rabbits just cant tolerate fresh food and have to go without for their own wellbeing. I guess its a case of finding a balance that suits them both.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:11 am

Well they had mint this afternoon as Dan does seem to tollerate that. It helps that Rhia can trough 5 X what Daniel can in the same amount of time Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:02 am

I know a lot of people feed it as a treat occasionally and their bunnies seemed ok, mine get a bowl fullish each every evening and go mental for it, I haven't got a garden now so am giving them more than they had at home where they had 2 hours of munching grass every day.
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down