Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

+8
NickieM
KatieB
Nicola1
Tuckerbunnies
Rosie Rabbit
Velvet.Tears
Amelia66
Felix&Willow
12 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post by Felix&Willow Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi everyone! I am writting to introduce myself, my name is Beki and i live in Berkshire.

I have been browsing for a few days and drinking in your words of wisdom!

I have taken on 2 unplanned baby dutches and am currently house training them (they are doing soooo well, clever little lovies they are!). They are 9 weeks, we took them in at 3 weeks, both girls (it turns out) and really are treasured members of my small family (myself and my 9 year old daughter).

Had a few concerns as these two were from a litter of 3 and the third recently developed a prolapsed rectum and sadly after some perseverance the owner was advised to have her put to sleep Sad

Our little bundles have been checked over by 2 vets (wasnt sure about the knowledge of the first Hmmm ) and seem to be thriving in every way. Willow is the smaller of the two and did feel a little 'sharp' at first, but though she remains smaller and lighter than Felix she is putting on the same amount of weight proportionatley each week.

I have joined this forum as I am new to 'proper' rabbit keeping and want to be the fantastic bunnie mummy these little guys deserve, so therefore I need to learn as much as possible. I have had rabbits before, many years ago, but back then a clean hutch, good diet, and a few cuddles seemed to be what was required. I am fast learning that there is alot more to it than that, and made the decision that I either want to raise these rabbits really well or not at all. I have decided to have them as house rabbits to enable as much interaction as possible, and so far so good! They will be speyed as soon as they are big enough, and enjoy a fantastic relationship currently so I am hoping they can be speyed before the hormones kick in and they fall out!

I am really looking forward to picking your brains and growing in knowledge hopefully at the same pace as the bunnies (which is currently about 120 grams a week! Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post by Amelia66 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Wave welcome.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Welcome to HH
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi Beki and welcome to Happy Hoppers! Wave

Well done on wanting to find out all you can about your new additions, we have a wealth of experience here and it's a very friendly forum, so if you have any questions, ask away!

It sounds like Felix and Willow are going to have a great life. Very Happy They look adorable from your avatar pic! Love
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi I joined today as well Wave

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola1 Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:53 pm

hello, I'm another newbie. I love Dutches Love
Nicola1
Nicola1
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Dutchies are gorgeous, I have 2
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Becki,

Welcome to HH.

Lovely to have you here. Your buns look gorgeous.

I really hope you like it, we are a friendly lot and we have all kinds of members from single bun owners to those who run rescues, all with a love of buns in common.

Really looking forward to learning all about your fluffies.

Feel free to get stuck in with posts,

Katie x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Dutchies Love Love Love

Welcome to HH, Beki Wave

This forum is a really friendly place and if you have any questions, just ask. Have a look at the FAQ site and the rabbit health areas. You will find loads of valuable information there.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your babies. Just dive in and post away.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Becki and welcome to HH Wave
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks for the 'welcomes' guys! Very Happy

I love all your photos, sooo sweet!

I have loads to say about this cheeky pair, and am starting to bore my friends and family so hopefully my gushy rabbit rants will be more appreciated on here Laughing

Willow and Felix were taken from their mother along with their other litter mate cookie at 3 weeks, this was becaus their mother had started to be aggressive towards them when they tried to feed.

I hadnt planned on having rabbits at this time, but fell in love with Willow on sight, quickly deciding that this little scrap belonged with me and my daughter, and that i would house train her and get clued up fast on how to be a great bunny mum. The other two were yet to find homes, and Willow was always snuggled up with Felix (who had been sexed as a boy) so decided to take the two whilst another very caring friend took the third.

As I said before Cookie developed a rectal prolapse - I then found out that 2 babys from the first litter also suffered with this. I am really concerned that my two may develop this. The vet has said that it is quite common in rabbits, would you guys agree with that? Is there anything I can do to help prevent this, and do you in your experiance think that it is likely my two will develop this?

At 9 weeks they are being fed unlimited hay and burgess excel pellets for young or dwarf rabbits - would you agree this is the right diet for them currently? I have been advised nt to introduce veg untill they are 12 weeks, and to cut down their pellets from then also?

On the behaviour side i feel pretty confident we are doing well Very Happy
Litter training was a quick success, they love their loo! They zoom around the house, stop for a quick groom, come over for a head stroke, follow me around to the point where I am tip toeing around like a ballerina fearing that I will tread on one! Lay out across the back door, and get really excited when we come home - im no animal pyscologist, but I pretty certain this all means they are happy?!

Feel free to bombard me with your words of wisdom albino
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Wave Hello Becki, welcome to Happy Hoppers. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Dutchies Love Love Love I am such a sucker for dutchies. They are gorgeous hun and any advice we can offer we will gladly do so!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Hello and welcome Wave
Snowy