Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo

3 posters

Go down

Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo Empty Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo

Post by Duncan13 Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:26 pm

During my trip to Hongkong, we went to a zoo, where they had a special enclosure specially for rabbits. I wasn't particularly pleased with how they were being kept, I couldn't see any food lying around, only a few dishes of water and some dry hay in the houses.Also, there no litter boxes around and lots of droppings and stuff scattered around. There were also an awful lot of baby bunnies running around. If the rabbits arent fixed, the place is gonna overpopulate REALLY fast. I could spot a few lops, an angora, and a Himalayan, and all the rest were all domestic chinese rabbits. Tell me what you guys think of this.

Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo P1030685
Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo P1030668
Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo P1030638
Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo P1030617
Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo P1030614
Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo P1030613
Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo P1030611

Last edited by Duncan13 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duncan13
Duncan13
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo Empty Re: Bunnies at Hongkong Zoo

Post by LilyGrace Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Gosh yes if none of them are neutered that is going to turn into a disaster! And I doubt they are as that would be very costly with that many bunnys. None of them really look underweight, but you're right...I'd expect a TONNE of hay to be lying around for them to tuck into with that many buns there No

They are all very beautiful though, bless them
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan13 Sun May 01, 2011 10:30 am

I know! Its so weird, maybe chinese rabbits don't need as much hay and food? I don't know, but most of them looked like they were in decent shape. One of the park employees told me that the rabbits were part of a new exhibition for the Chinese New year of the Rabbit.
Duncan13
Duncan13
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun May 01, 2011 11:37 am

I like some parts of the set up they have for the rabbits but I would like to see some soft ground like lush grass for them and some dishes of food, and lots of toys and where's the hay Shocked they don't look very happy bunnies to me and if they are not neutered or spayed they will go on and on breeding and what will become of all the babies eventually Sad
The little huddled group of bunnies on one of the photo's look scared to me and are cuddled up close to one another for comfort and security it must be so noisy as well for them, poor buns Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 am

Duncan13 wrote:I know! Its so weird, maybe chinese rabbits don't need as much hay and food? I don't know, but most of them looked like they were in decent shape. One of the park employees told me that the rabbits were part of a new exhibition for the Chinese New year of the Rabbit.

I'm sure they would need as much hay as other rabbits, they all descend from the same place after all...wild bunnys! It may be a case of them feeding them loads of other types of food rather than hay, which wld fatten them up but lead to tooth problems. It's a shame, I wander if they intend on keeping the rabbits permanently, if not....it's horrible to think where all those adults and babies will be going No
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down